Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mucking about in front engined Porsches :)

Brilliant article... Mate of mine owns the red 924S.

infrasilver said:
Good read, especially as I've just bought a 944S today. :)
Very nice! :thumbs:

Have a look at the chain and tensioner before you do anything with it.
I had a 944S and really enjoyed it... 24 years ago now!.. Where did that time go!!!

kas750 said:
infrasilver said:
Very nice! :thumbs:

Have a look at the chain and tensioner before you do anything with it.
I had a 944S and really enjoyed it... 24 years ago now!.. Where did that time go!!!

I'll be going over it next weekend to see what I've got, (gets delivered Wednesday) original top to bottom and luckily there's no rust (just a bit of surface) and 90% of the electrics work, I'm planning on doing the full chain, tensioner and belt as a first job and possible a service. There are only 207 944S' currently on the road in the UK, I found out today.

This weekend is just going to be spent researching 944's online.

The cam belt snapped on mine and bent 8 exhaust valves!.. It had only done 27k.. I fixed it myself and it was a really fun car to drive.You need to wring their neck to get the performance but they do have a nice step in power at the top end which I liked.An S2 is a bit dull in comparison.

infrasilver said:
:bow:

Love the driving experience and driving position of the 924/944s. Good work Chris!

Hi Dave,

Is the vid available yet?

Cheers, Keith

Love the 944 Turbo in silver! Would love to buy a sorted car like that.

infrasilver wrote:
Good read, especially as I've just bought a 944S today.

Can we have a few pics of your new 944S?

Pleeeease!

Cheers, Keith

These are only the ad photos, the ones I took were too dark. I bought it with the intention of a track car but this one (at the moment) seems too good for that. Seems like no structural rust and everything works, top end rebuild 40k ago. Rear hatch glass has come away from the frame at the top but I picked another hatch up for £25. A few cracks on the dash plastics which are easy to replace, top of dash is fine.

I'll be starting a resto thread once I get it delivered.

That looks amazing. I can still remember reading the Performance Car road test about the '16 Ventiler' model. Must have been in late 1986 or thereabouts :cloud9:

Looking forward to the thread :worship:

Nice. Was just chatting about these with a mate today. I recommended the 944S if he was to get one.

Needs a ding or two taken out of the nearside :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back