Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Design Harrods - 911 GT3 Soundbar

Menace

Hockenheim
Hi Guys,

Received my new product in today. The 911 GT3 Soundbar. Relaeased 10.12.15 but exclusively available at Porsche Design Harrods now. £2,400

Regards

Vinny

From 0 to 100 in 3.5 seconds. Up to 9,000 revolutions per minute. Top speed of 315 km/h. These are just numbers to some people – for us, they are notes in a symphony of the sports car: the sound of the Porsche 911 GT3.

Porsche Design has developed the 911 Soundbar for whom the sound of a high-performance sports car is not enough: a 2.1 virtual surround system subwoofer boost converted from the original rear silencer and twin exhaust from a 911 GT3. 200 watt system performance, DTS TruSurroundâ„¢, Bluetooth® radio technology for wireless audio transmission from your tablet or smartphone, and much more – for the ultimate audio experience with the rhythms of the race track.

The 911 Soundbar takes the functions of the original components and turns them on their head. The rear silencer and twin exhaust now resonate sound. The result: a deeper, measurably louder audio experience with a higher maximum volume.

In short: more power.

PRODUCT DETAILS
- 2.1 virtual surround system
- Bluetooth® interface with easy-pairing function
- Wireless, loss-free audio transmission due to aptX® technology
- Bass and treble control
- Dolby® digital decoder
- DTS TruSurroundâ„¢ virtual surround signal processing
- LED display- Virtual surround and stereo sound
- LipSync function for precise voice synchronisation
- Remote control SYSTEM OUTPUT
- 200 watt CONNECTIONS
- Analogue input [cinch]
- Bluetooth® 3.0 radio interface [aptX® decoding]
- 2 digital inputs [coaxial and optical]
- Subwoofer output DIMENSIONS | WEIGHT
- approx. 74 cm x 28 cm x 32 cm | approx. 19 kg

Attachments

• rsz_1soundbar_595.png
    rsz_1soundbar_595.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 6,582
  • rsz_11soundbar_163.png
    rsz_11soundbar_163.png
    50 KB · Views: 6,582
Feck me - thats sweet!

Think Mrs Osh would hate it - but to me thats a thing of beauty!

Osh

A finely crafted piece of kit. :thumb:

Expensive, but compared to the £4.5K Porsche chair and £3K GT3 wing shelf, almost seems value for money. :mrgreen:

Its the 1st of December not the 1st of April, is that seriously a "product" That actually exists?

Chum, that's up there with the 993 fan blade clock :what:

...that's really naff - an insult to Butzi's original Porsche Design principles

That looks so cool! (I think!)

But... I'm not sure I actually want one in my house... Maybe in the garage (which I haven't built yet)

I'm obviously their target market :grin:

Hi Guys,

Now sold out. Next delivery approx March.

Regards

Vinny

Hi guys,

The second wave of Soundbars will be available very soon.
If you would like to reserve one or show your interest, do let me know, as they are quite limited in numbers again, maybe only 5-8 units. The initial delivery of 5 units on the first wave sold in the first week.
They sound very good and obviously look amazing.
Let me know if interested.

Regards

Vinny

No offence to the OP, but something about this makes me uneasy.

It's not the item itself: had someone on here converted an old GT3 box into a soundbar, I would be impressed by their skills, amused by the satire of the sonorous re-purposing juxtaposition and supportive of their recycling principles.

But I thought Porsche Design used to be about redesigning or reimagining of a familiar object from the ground-up, with a certain Bauhaus simplicity, mostly function over form.

And definitely with their signature design cues.

It is incongruous to take a component part from a Porsche motorcar that does something else, and turn it into something it isn't.

It has no Porsche Design language, in deed, on the face of it, a rear exhaust box is actually very unattractive (because of, or causing it to be hidden under and behind a PU in its original usage)

Creepily nepotistic too.

Porsche design used to be deliberately independent of the automotive business.

For me, this is possibly the most vulgar thing PD have done.

Hi GT4,

It is a love or hate item I guess, no offence taken. It is these discussions that make the forums. The product is from our Drivers Selection range who are more geared towards the car. For the first time, it is available from Porsche Design along side the Drivers Selection range.
I have to say though, every unit in the first wave worldwide sold out.
We cannot all like the same things, that's the beauty of life..

Regards

Vinny

As I said in the opener to my post, in itself, it is no bad thing (I don't dislike it, and I can see it looking cool in a Man Cave).

I just wonder what next for Porsche Design?

As Zingers suggests, perhaps a clock made from a 993 fan :?:

I just worry they have they lost their way.

2016 will be a year of change for Porsche Design as far as products, new items are being worked on, there will be a gap hence the Drivers Selection item included for the first time. We needed to keep a technology item alongside the phone.
Don't worry though, the rest of the catalogue is from the same place.

Regards

Vinny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back