Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Discs

Fitting non genuine Porsche discs or other parts will not invalidate your warranty new or used unless a claim can be directly linked to the parts. If you use non genuine discs don't expect your warranty to cover them but a engine problem would not be affected for instance.

Car is under warranty but appreciate these arent covered so can see why they wouldn't be an issue. Wondering what the general consensus on OEM parts is by you experienced owners? I will need to replace all the discs, pads, etc, sometime in the early new year I think so trying to work out how much I should budget to do it.

For me, if it works perfectly well, I have no issue with having OEM parts. Will they last as long though?

thanks all!

I would check with your OPC with regards to using non-Porsche parts when you have a Porsche warranty - some people have different experiences depending on the OPC. I don't have an OPC warranty so I prefer to use OEM parts on consumables to save a few pounds, especially when they are all made to the same standards, often in the same factory but without the stamp on it...

Pagid disks and pads are every bit as good as Porsche and are probably the same. They will not affect any warranty unless of course a disk or pad failed, which I've never heard of, but would therefore not be covered by the warranty.

rigsby99 said:
Fitting non genuine Porsche discs or other parts will not invalidate your warranty new or used unless a claim can be directly linked to the parts. If you use non genuine discs don't expect your warranty to cover them but a engine problem would not be affected for instance.

That is true for the original manufacturer's warranty but NOT for the Porsche GB supplied Extended Warranty.

Gollom122 said:
I believe SEBRIO are OEM and are about £75 per corner form 911parts.

They may be on some models, but not all. e.g. the Turbo has SHW made discs which AFAIK are not available anywhere aside via OPC.

Is that a good price? I just had new front discs fitted by my OPC and the parts cost for them was £147 each (plus VAT), so £353 incl for the pair. The ones the OP is linking are rears and should be quite a bit cheaper but at £328 the pair they aren't?

RJKflyer said:
rigsby99 said:

That is true for the original manufacturer's warranty but NOT for the Porsche GB supplied Extended Warranty.

Given some comments on here (and elsewhere) recently, how many OPC's would notice?

If the discs are not a warrantied item how can they affect the overall warranty of the rest of the car?

I appreciate the reluctance to test this out but this is one of my many angst's about warranties.

I was expecting a bill a fair bit north of that. I will need discs all the way round. Any idea what that will come in at roughly????

RJKflyer said:
rigsby99 said:

Not so, read the used warranty terms.

rigsby99 said:
RJKflyer said:
rigsby99 said:

Not so, read the used warranty terms.

I have...

Attachments

• screen_shot_2015_11_30_at_195542_908.png
    screen_shot_2015_11_30_at_195542_908.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 5,079
The current policy is very similar stating that,

'A claim made under your policy shall be invalid to the extent that the defect results from any of the following'

Serviced in a manner not in accordance with the manufacturers standards and serviced by yourself or non OPC will only invalidate the claim if the fault can be directly attributed to this work, a standard and not unreasonable clause.

Non genuine parts have been fitted, again reasonable if they are responsible for the claim.

The signifacant wording is 'the defect results from any of the following'

So if your engine fails it is unlikely to be caused by non standard brake pads and policy will not be affected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back