Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Colour coding of interior parts..Your thoughts please..

kas750

Zandvoort
I am thinking of colour coding the centre console on my red tiptronic Boxster and can't decide whether its a good idea or not?.

Which parts on the centre console and how about the bat wings etc?

This is what I have to work with.Any thoughts appreciated. :thumb:

Don't do it....!!!
- personally not big fan of colour coded interiors (apologies to all those it offends :dont know: ) - can look good where subtle, but red on black...? don't think so...

I'd keep the red on the outside where it can show off and do something else with the inside if you're dead set on it e.g. different finish, or maybe hydro dipping, etc...

I reckon red stitching would go nice but I bet it would be expensive to retrofit.

Agree: no red. But I think a little silver might help liven up a very dark interior.

I wonder if gloss black could look interesting on the centre console?

Do the centre console. That will look great and not look over the top.

If you do little bits and bobs it will look bad.

The centre console always looks good colour coded. Should've been like that from factory.

Colour coded, 2.2k? :dont know:

MC

I have my center console done and did have the seat backs done to match before fitting gt3 style seats. I think it brightens up what can be a fairly dull interior.

IMG_4548.jpg

I colour coded center console and re trimmed in alcantara with red stitch this summer and love it, made a huge difference. Will be doing a few more bits as so pleased with it.

Attachments

• img_0977_201.jpg
    img_0977_201.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 9,553
  • img_0982_984.jpg
    img_0982_984.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 9,553
I have just gone carbon fibre hydro dipped on mine.
Recommended. :thumbs:
About to get some more of the interior parts done also.

997CD05C-0401-400E-947D-26EC1748E65B_zpslfjj4udu.jpg

Interested in the hydro dipping. How much prep is required on the console and how expensive is it?

I wouldn't do it if I were you, I think an all black interior on a red car looks great. Maybe an alcantra 3 prong steering wheel would look good, same dark colour but different textures.
You could change the floor mats to red as they are easy to revert back if you get tired of them.

The main thing to remember is that it's your car and you can do whatever you want :thumb:
I should have a grey centre console available soon when I eventually change mine to black, it will need a respray so you could spray it red and test it out.

I'd maybe try and see if yo can get like a red alcantara wrap that you can cover the odd bit, but only be very subtle with it. Just browsing google images for some ideas that might help you. Red seat belts may look well too.

1996001.jpg

$_1.JPG

2PCS-LOT-MOMO-Match-Aluminum-font-b-Racing-b-font-Car-Foot-font-b-Pedals-b.jpg

Hmmmm

Fine line in my book - get it right and it looks good, less so if one gets it wrong.

I was thinking the centre console only and leave the window switch/ashtray housing,front side plates and gear selector escutcheon black?

If the car had the lower dash console then I probably wouldn't consider it but I just think that body colour would contrast nicely with the lower carpet panel?

Another thought is do it silver to match the steering wheel paddles which I am thinking of fitting. :?:

Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys.Keep them coming

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back