Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Experiences with Super Tweaks - Help

Redturbo

Hello,

I have a problem, that someone might give me some advice on.

I own a 996 Turbo and live in Denmark.

I fell in love with the Techart rear wing blade and found a supplier in US, ROTtec, who makes a similar wing but in carbon fibre.

I contacted Super Tweaks in UK who is a European dealer of ROTtec products, www.rotteccarbon.com. I placed an order via email (I communicated with a person called "Ricky") and paid an invoice via bank transfer as they didn't have the ROTtec products in their webshop. Maybe I am naive, but everything seemed fine and I have over the past 15 years had great experience with UK suppliers of Porsche parts and never had any problems.

After several weeks with no contact (I have called them, left voice messages, sent emails) I am quite frustrated.

Anyone who has experience with Super Tweaks, www.supertweaks.com? I live in Denmark, so unfortunately I am not able to go to the office of Super Tweaks.

Thank you.

Best regards
Mikael

Only used once for my Dectanes and never again. Promised delivery within 48 hours from receipt of order and payment. Actually took 2 weeks and many phone calls and emails. When you ring for an update on your order, bearing in mind they already have your money, you are advised that they can't advise over the phone and that you must email your enquiry instead. After being advised that my delivery was next day twice, I finally received my parcel on the third promise. They obviously are just a 'middle man' who don't stock anything and only order your requirement on receipt of payment. Once received, they then forward your package on.
I'd keep emailing them until you get a response as 80% of the time you only get an answering message, if you attempt to ring.
Good luck with your order.

Thank you for your answer DaveH911.

If I still don't get an answer from them, what can I do? I am not familiar with UK legislation or procedures (in my latest mail I wrote, that if I don't get a response from them within two business days, I see no alternative than to consider their behaviour as internet fraud)

Redturbo said:
Thank you for your answer DaveH911.

If I still don't get an answer from them, what can I do? I am not familiar with UK legislation or procedures (in my latest mail I wrote, that if I don't get a response from them within two business days, I see no alternative than to consider their behaviour as internet fraud)

that's not good Redturbo

Supertweaks, never heard of them, so just another garage trying to be an performance tuner when they are not

have a look at
http://www.tradingstandards.uk/advice/problemwitheuropeanpurchaseorservice.cfm

if you haven't contact ROTtec in the US to see if they can help

but you should have gone with the main uk importer for techart which is Tech9

super tweaks

Had dealings with this company a couple of years back , ordered and paid
for some parts , promised several delivery dates that came and went .

They obviously didn't have the parts and were tying to source them in,
guy on phone was rude , I got a refund after several phone calls .

I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll after that, Un professional Tw@t
still comes to mind

This is really sad reading as my money is already at the bank account of Super Tweaks.

I just sent an email to ROTtec. I hope they can do something... next step would be to try and get my money back via my Danish bank.

Do you have any kind of websites in UK, where consumers can warn other people from using specific suppliers?

Which is a UK consumer rights group
Here's a link to their explanation of the rules related to (what used to be called) distance selling, now renamed to implement EU law apparently.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations
Unless I misread, you have the right to cancel upto 14 days after receiving your order. An email should sufficient I think. If no response I'd look for the local (to the supplier) Trading Standards Dept within the local council.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back