Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Cat Recommendations

tp81

Suzuka
I changed the cat in my C2S back in 2011 to 200 cell sport cats, the conversion was done by Powerspeed. I sent mine down which they opened and pressed in new 200 cell units.

This made a real difference to the car, therefore I am thinking of doing this with the RS exhaust.

Are Powerspeed still the guys for this or does anyone have an alternative to recommend?

Also at the time I had 200 cell units installed rather than 100 cell cats, can anyone comment on the real life difference? Is it noticeable?

I've gone the decat route, it's a pity the car is in storage or you could have had a listen. It's loud when you are standing beside it but soon forgotten when you get it on the open road - sounds awsome.

My eco friendly conscious keeps nagging at the back of my mind but so far have managed to resist.......was thinking of sending the removed CAT to Gert?

Colin, looking back over email I actually sent my Turbo cats to Gert. I will price this option as well. Thanks

I had forgotten and thought I had only used Gert for the RSR hollowing out of the silencers.

I like to keep all of my original parts when upgrading or modifying so after a lot of research on aftermarket replacements I purchased and fitted a Cargraphic Sport Cataliser X Pipe with 100 cell cats. I can't comment on the real world difference as I haven't had 200 cell cats, I can say that they are very well made, sound awesome and don't cause a problem at mot time. I also have the Cargraphic mufflers.

http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/products/exhaust-systems/for-porsche/911-models/993-rs-cup/

If you want to see what they look like fitted then there is a pic of them on my car in the 911ukgarage.

I have the same system with 200cell cats again no MOT problems but I was disappointed with the standard of welding and a cut and shut was required to get the tail pipes lined up. Perhaps their quality control has improved. Ought to cos they ain't cheap. With Dansk sport silencers the exhaust is considerably louder but bearable. Probably fail noise tests at some circuits.

Endoman said:
I have the same system with 200cell cats again no MOT problems but I was disappointed with the standard of welding and a cut and shut was required to get the tail pipes lined up. Perhaps their quality control has improved. Ought to cos they ain't cheap. With Dansk sport silencers the exhaust is considerably louder but bearable. Probably fail noise tests at some circuits.

I seem to recall that you had the early system fitted where the pipes back to the mufflers were two piece, the latest version is one piece as shown in the attached picture. Fitting was straight forward.

Slightly off topic. Before I fitted the cat I had an annoying issue where one of my exhaust tips protruded slightly more than the other but after fitting the Cargraphic Cat and adjusting the position of the mufflers a bit it wasn't difficult to get them protruding equally.

Attachments

• 993_c4s_engine_pic_154.jpg
    993_c4s_engine_pic_154.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 2,169
Yes it looks much better than mine the curves around the x are much neater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back