Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty Claims

Floydsolo

Monza
Have a warranty with Auto Protect & they have refused to cover the cost of the window regulator that has broke. Has anyone had this fixed through a warranty company & if so who? Cheers

On what basis, wear and tear rather than a faulty/failed component?

They are saying they do not cover cables. Part of the regulator is a cable but its not just a cable on its own? Not sure if its worth trying to argue the point? I have a feeling the garage hasn't helped as they prob said the word 'Cable' & they prob just stated that they don't cover cables & that was the end of it?

Yeah, if they said cable, warranties typically won't pay, but it might be worth clarifying that you have a failed regulator assembly which comes as a complete assembly only? If they won't play ball you could try a breaker and replace it yourself to keep cost down, depends how handy you feel :grin:

Is it just the cable on there that's failed, or the actual unit? If it's just a cable, then surely you can fix that yourself for peanuts?

I have also had the missfortune to deal with autoprotect took me seven weeks to get paid everything agreed before the works then refused to pay up at every turn invoice was wrong,service history was wrong, proof of payment was wrong what a feckin shower different excuse from a different person every time I phoned which was often, warranty came with the car but would never deal with them again this was for a slave cylinder.

When Porsche introduced the 90 day rule i used Auto Protect as a warranty co for 18 months
when i started using them there was no negative feedback on a google search
18 months later when i had a claim for an engine on a 997 gen 1 , oval bore wear, they did pay up
BUT

When i googled for reviews the net was full of disappointed policy holders

I then started giving a personal warranty rather than one from a warranty / Insurance co

IMO I would say 90% of warranty's are a scam.

+ :thumb:

Gave AUTO PROTECT a call today but they were not backing down. Basically said it was the cable that failed & cables are not covered. I tried to explain that the cable was just one part of the unit & cannot be purchased as an individual part. I asked, if the part was a sealed unit with a failed cable within it would they cover that & he said yes. I'm really not happy about it TBH!

Maybe worth going down the formal complaints route, ultimately they should be part of the financial regulatory body and you can refer this to ombudsman?

Just buy a new one. I guarantee it'll work out cheaper and less of a headache.

Warranty companies like the one stated in this thread are just leeches on society.

resigner said:
Did the warranty come with the car and if so how long have you had it?

Yes came with the car & just covered 3 months. My thinking was if there was anything wrong with the car it would show up within the first few weeks & I would possibly have this to fall back on. By all accounts from feedback off the web, they are possibly the worst out there! I've dealt with AA & RAC Warranties in the past & had no issues. AA sorted out a gearbox problem on a RS5 I had & it went smoothly.

alex yates said:
Just buy a new one. I guarantee it'll work out cheaper and less of a headache.

Warranty companies like the one stated in this thread are just leeches on society.

Yep, just going to get it sorted myself now, car is tucked away in the garage for winter anyhow so no major rush.

Anyone know where best to buy this part?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back