Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

heater hose required

A993LAD

Hockenheim
Hi guys

I need one of the short bits of tubing between the heat exchanger and the heater outlet flap thingy (item 7 in this pic).

Any idea where I can get one? Does anybody know if there is a part number for just this short little piece of heater hose?

Design 911 only offer it as a big long piece of tube for £145

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod125994/Air-Hose-Porsche-993-1994-98/

which you can cut to size to replace various bits of this hose around the car. Which seems a bit extortionate considering I only need a piece about 3 inches long.

Confusingly the piece of tubing at the other end of the flap (item 5 in the diagram) is a much longer and far more complicated moulding yet it only costs £85 for some reason.

And many thanks to the 993 turbo owner at Snetterton yesterday who alerted me that my heater flap was hanging down due to this pipe failing .

cheers

Just found a thread on RL with others whinging about having to buy 3feet of hose to cut 2" off the end and offering to supply bits to others that need it. Anyone on here got some they want to sell?

Added a stolen pic of how much I need

Attachments

• 993_heater_tube_172.png
    993_heater_tube_172.png
    79 KB · Views: 3,502
  • heater_hose_182.jpg
    heater_hose_182.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,470
Cheers kerb scraper, good idea I'll measure up the internal diameter required when I get home this evening.

On Renlist they were saying you need 2 3/4 inch hose which is 70mm.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that the pipe it needs to connect to is oval in shape and the Porsche original hose is oval whereas all of the non-Porsche silicon hose suppliers seem to have round hoses but I'm guessing it will flex to fit onto an oval pipe?

For a fiver I guess it's certainly worth a try anyway.

Excellent thanks Colin just what I need.

Eu25 is definitely much better than £145 so I'll get one ordered.

In fact from what I remember about Rose passion they sting you up a bit for delivery costs so I might just check the state of the hose on the other side before I place my order in case I actually need two.

Annoyingly I ordered a rear spoiler curtain from them a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't surprise me if this heat pipe had already given up the ghost at that time but I just hadn't looked under the car and seen it. Otherwise I could have had it packaged up in the same order as the spoiler curtain.

Ho hum. It's a 21-year-old car so I guess I should expect things to fail on it on a regular basis.

I've just done this, this weekend!!

I bought a 10cm length of silicone piping from ebay for £6, and trimmed it down to length, seems to have done the job very well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-...pe-Ash-/330688700173?var=&hash=item4cfe951f0d

There was a couple of mms clearance between the inside diameter of the pipe and the metalwork, but the jubilee clips can more than take it out... wasn't a problem.

Its good to have warm air out of the dash vents at this time of the year! :)

A'

If you are still stuck I think I have one of a previous engine. PM if you end up needing it :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back