Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Left hand side window regulator

deutschland-dobson

Gents,

I'm looking for a left hand side window regulator. Removed my mangled one from the door, straightened it at work, but it must have been beyond repair and it buckled within a few movements :sad:

Trying to avoid paying Porsche tax on a new one. There's a few on eBay, but they don't look great.

Long shot, but you never know what you you chaps have in your garage!

Chris

Sorry Chris I don't have one but recently took mine out as my motor packed up, and have had all my window mech and runners out recently.
After fixing my motor issue I found that I had to leave all the regulator and runner bolts loose so it found its own 'place' going up and down before I tightened everything. (It seemed to lock up otherwise)
When reassembling I also had problems with the window runner catching at the bottom as there didn't seem to be much room. Got there in the end so it might be worth another go? HTH

No worries bud, all sorted now.

As you say, space is tight,and the mechanism seems prone to trying to bend. I found that once the window was carefully pushed against the guide rail, bit by bit, the movement up and down improved.

Thanks
Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back