Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to the Gt3 club

Gt3Moff

Hello,

I brought a black 997.1 GT3 last week from RPM.
Its safely away in the warm at the moment, I've brought
it to enjoy and will be getting to as many track days as I can next year.

Im also hoping to get away to Europe with it.

Car spec is
Basalt Black metallic, 2008 MY, Black leather sports seats, Leather dashboard and door cards PCM 2 Sat Nav, Sport chrono package plus, Seat belts in Guards Red and Rear section of centre console in body colour. Its only got 25k on the clock, which Im hoping to add significantly.

Decided not to go for the club sport on the first GT car that i've owned.
Ive been reading the posts on this forum, over the past few days, Im sure I'll be asking lots of questions in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks in advance, look forward to getting to know you.

John ( moff )

Attachments

• ret_gt3_179.jpg
    ret_gt3_179.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 10,285
Nice looking car, enjoy there great fun :thumb:

For track time I recommend a bucket seat (for the driver at least, but doesn't need to be OE). Regardless, you are going to love it :thumb:

Car looks great and sounds like you're going to enjoy it properly :thumb:

Nice one, welcome to the club ! 8)

Welcome! Very similar spec to mine (when I picked it up that is :grin: )

Fantastic car, hope you enjoy it :thumbs:

Awesome! Same as my first one - enjoy!!

Thanks all.
Worst time of year to buy one. Just want to get out and about.

Gt3Moff said:
Thanks all.

Welcome Moff. I know exactly how you feel, I bought mine last November and had to wait 5 months to drive it.

Gt3Moff said:
Thanks all.

Congrats. Hope you have lots of fun with it. :thumb:

IainRS said:
Welcome Moff. I know exactly how you feel, I bought mine last November and had to wait 5 months to drive it.

What? They don't dissolve when they get wet you know. :nooo:

Driving a GT3 over the winter is a great way to get used to it and learn its foibles without needing to drive the wheels off it.

Get some miles on it!

Pic below was taken somewhere on the M25 last night - ignore the MPG it's miles worse than that!

Attachments

• nxi20_130k_574.jpg
    nxi20_130k_574.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 9,831
IainRS said:

What? They don't dissolve when they get wet you know. :nooo:

Driving a GT3 over the winter is a great way to get used to it and learn its foibles without needing to drive the wheels off it.

Get some miles on it!

Pic below was taken somewhere on the M25 last night - ignore the MPG it's miles worse than that![/quote]

I could do but I simply just don't want to. :) Living out in the sticks as I do there is just no way that I could use it with all the crap/mud /salt and frequent snow on the roads. Thats what the RS4 was for, though I've recently sold it and will likely buy an old Landy for my winter stuff now.

What a car !

Since I got the car, Ive not really had the chance to drive it.
But this weekend, especially this morning, around the lanes near where we live felt like I was living a boyhood dream !

I can only imagine what it must be like to own one of these cars for some time and start making tweaks, getting it more and more right for the driver.

The noise, the engine, its incredible !
Totally smitten and just want to drive and drive it.

Whilst the car feels totally solid, there is one slightly odd whine that hear when turning right, that sounds like its coming from there rear suspension, on the right handside only but only when going round roundabouts at low speed. Its just had new rear lower arms fitted, could that be the cause ?

Thanks.
john

Good to hear you're enjoying it! Tweaking it is definitely part of the journey (as far as I am concerned anyway :grin:)

Not sure what that noise could be. Possibly the diff? Any idea when the diff on your car was changed (or if it has been?). Being a GT3 the noise could actually mean it is working as designed and nothing to worry about :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back