Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997TT - Aerokit & DRL's fitted (lots of pics)

M9JOC

Spa-Francorchamps
I really should have one thread with all my progress pics in one place. and i always forget to take pictures of the new parts arriving.

I received my car back last week from Kintore Autobody but due to the weather up here, the fact im always busy working and the dark nights im not getting a chance to detail the car for proper photos.

Today it has snowed up in Aberdeenshire so as i'm working i decided to foam & jetwash over the car & took the majority of the dirt of so i could grab some pics. Will have to get it done properly soon.

Genuine Aerokit fitted - Front Lower valance, Sideskirts, Rear diffuser & Rear Wing.

Front bumper painted

Rear bumper painted

New Turbo badge (£85+VAT :( )

DRL's Fitted

I got all the clips and screws replaced all around so they were fresh and everything was tight all supplied by Porsche some ridiculously expensive :grin:

The work is outstanding i cant fault it, Totally changes the car, Love seeing the spoiler in my rearview / wing mirrors. It also feels much bigger & more angry looking, pictures dont quite do it justice as it looks lower & meaner in the metal

Hope you All approve :thumb:

A pic of the Adaptive seats which have really changed the feeling of this car.

J

Very nice :thumb:

+1

Very nice indeed. :thumbs:

Nice, looking forward to seeing it in the daylight :)

Slate grey is gorgeous!!!!!! I am still on the fence re the Aerokit. But that does all look great.

That looks cracking I llike the aerokit especially the rear spoiler sets the Turbo off

nice job :thumb:

Car looks great, Slate great is epic on a 997. I'm not sure about the aerokit, I had one on my 996 Turbo and never really loved it, but the lights are fab. How big a job is that and where did you get the kit?

Nice one. :thumbs:

Car looks superb with the Aeto kit and gen 2 rear lights and bumper.

Here is a photo of my gen 2 with Aero Kit and RS alloys

That looks stunning!

I'll definitely be after a proper look at it when I get back home..
How did you go about wiring the DRLs in the end? Permanent supply with the ignition on, or switchable?

Rear spoiler isn't something I've really thought about... Until now!

Nice work. You've got threads all over the place!

You think you were ripped with the enamel bonnet badge, I just paid £45 for a GT2RS bonnet sticker!

Looks great - lovely colour

I am more and more tending towards an aerokit once my piggy bank fills back up.

I am a bit worried about the front spoiler clearance though :?:

Clanky said:
That looks stunning!

I'll definitely be after a proper look at it when I get back home..
How did you go about wiring the DRLs in the end? Permanent supply with the ignition on, or switchable?

Rear spoiler isn't something I've really thought about... Until now!

Thank pal, pop round if you want. The DRL's in the end took them off the sidelights. The Hardwire explanation sounded problematic in the future plus they are Always on with this set up i can choose.

996ttalot said:
Look good, just need to change the number now to 9e28 :D

Ken

I think it would be unfair on the car not too pal. Although it will probably be in Q2 next year when my 911 bank balance fills back up and i have a list of other jobs. This time i will be driving down, the transported wrecked my front last time.

isysman said:
Nice work. You've got threads all over the place!

You think you were ripped with the enamel bonnet badge, I just paid £45 for a GT2RS bonnet sticker!

£45 for a sticker WOW. Tell your teenager self that one day you would be paying that :sad:

It was the rear turbo badge that cost the money i'd have been okay for the front at that as its atleast solid.

I think im just going to keep adding to this thread now. try and amalgamate all of them together

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back