Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good Value 911 Turbo at YCP?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
They have 'history'.....

Do tell. I just got a lecture of 'John' - its the first time I have ever spoken to a dealer on the phone where they swore in casual speech when describing some people for whom they have no respect. #Gobsmacked doesn't adequately describe it for me.

Zingari said:
Basing it on the Sports Chrono/PCCB/Low miles I suspect.

Looks 'plain' inside as I'd want MFSW at the minimum.

At that price you're into 997.2 territory which is where my dough would be going

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...801664?hash=item419d5a1880:g:xlEAAOSwQTVWCjbJ

It would have to be PDK all the way

I went to look at that on Thursday a Cameron Sports Cars. I was disappointed after driving for nearly 100 miles to be told that i couldn't test drive it unless i has going to buy it as it is an SOR for a customer. I understand that SOR puts a third person into the mix which can be awkward but the dealer could have told me that before i set out to visit him. That left me with a very bad taste.

But that aside, this car has been 'driven' and i mean 'DRIVEN' the tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s (track tyres for the road) and they are heavily grained on the outside shoulders and there are burst blister in the centre treads. Yikes. Not a car for me when i know that's the background.

The Yorks Classic car does look expensive for a gen 1, albeit with tiny miles.

Jcx said:
I went to look at that on Thursday a Cameron Sports Cars. I was disappointed after driving for nearly 100 miles to be told that i couldn't test drive it unless i has going to buy it as it is an SOR for a customer. I understand that SOR puts a third person into the mix which can be awkward but the dealer could have told me that before i set out to visit him. That left me with a very bad taste.

But that aside, this car has been 'driven' and i mean 'DRIVEN' the tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s (track tyres for the road) and they are heavily grained on the outside shoulders and there are burst blister in the centre treads. Yikes. Not a car for me when i know that's the background.

Had a similar experience where I wasn't allowed to drive it on a public road unless I got additional Insurance or loaded it onto my own policy. I would expect a trader as intermediary would be able to offer some sort of Insurance even if only through trade plates :dont know:

I thought 997 Turbos are meant to be 'driven' especially if PDK gives them launch control :grin:

Wow that's a tall price for the 997.1 Turbo. I see it has very low miles and a carbon pack interior, and a nice spec, but still high.

MFSW is a personal thing IMO. I dislike it and removed it from my Turbo and now have another in my Boxster. I never use the buttons except when I'm on full lock and accidentally change the track that is playing!

PS - Turbos WITHOUT SportsChrono run at a discount, ones WITH are not a premium.

£67,950 :floor:

For £1.5k more I could have bought my 997T and kept my 996T.

Looks big money for me i'd want a Gen 2 car at this level

I don't think it has the hardback sport seats either. Just noticed. Photos don't really show you but there is one that seems to show they are not hardbacks.

isysman said:
I don't think it has the hardback sport seats either. Just noticed. Photos don't really show you but there is one that seems to show they are not hardbacks.

Its not hard-backs. Looks a nice example. not 67k imho but if the market dictates

on a separate note from above i thought all 997T came with chrono as standard? Never seen one without. :dont know:

M9JOC said:
isysman said:

Its not hard-backs. Looks a nice example. not 67k imho but if the market dictates

on a separate note from above i thought all 997T came with chrono as standard? Never seen one without. :dont know:

I wouldn't buy one without hard backs unless it had carbon buckets of course!

M9JOC said:
isysman said:

Well it has sport chrono... Are we looking at the same car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back