Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where do you put your phone?

nigel99

I use a phone holder that connects to the CD drive, it worked well in my Cayman with the CDR24, but with the PCM 3 it restricts my view of the screen.

Where do you keep your phone?

In my pocket.

I like to wear very very tight jeans so its literally a ball ache for me to retrieve the phone from my pocket if I need to send an urgent text.

I use a Brodit mount. They're great- definitely reccomend them. Generally not interchangeable from vehicle to vehicle though. I have an adjustable cradle on it, which works on an iPhone 5 and the larger 6. Nice piece of kit as far as mounts go. Also have a flush USB adapter and a short lightning cable to power it up. Quite neat, no ugly cables dangling around.

nigel99 said:
I like to wear very very tight jeans so its literally a ball ache for me to retrieve the phone from my pocket if I need to send an urgent text.

Whilst you're driving? :nooo:

I use a Kenu Airframe in the Lotus, it goes into the vents and works very well.

In the Porsche (997) it goes in the little hole under the sat nav / central console. I try not to use the mobile whilst on the move whatsoever.

alex yates said:
nigel99 said:

Whilst you're driving? :nooo:

Stopped at lights, parked up or in traffic. I would never use my phone when driving :cop:

Statistically proven to be more dangerous than drink driving.......now don't be doing that at the lights :grin:

alex yates said:
Statistically proven to be more dangerous than drink driving.......now don't be doing that at the lights :grin:

It passes the time while I wait for the "Launch Control Activated" message 8)

If you have the option of the slave handset (very old school and now illegal to use while driving) it comes on a leather mount on the lower side of the console... Easy to remove the handset and then mount a decent cradle... I use a Strike cradle, excellent quality...

In the space below the PCMof course......

WHY would you want to have a telephone in sight when you are driving ..?

This is where it all pi55es me off, that whilst driving, if a driver of cars like ours cannot pay the utmost attention to the present conditions instead of the transient needs to use a phone for a relatively short period.....!

I love the fact that I can get in my car and ignore the phone for as long as it takes to enjoy the pleasure of driving my car ....

If you can't do that ....modern day life is taking over your existence ......

I think these phone holders look like ***** anyway ..

bah humbug ...!

T

911TEL said:
In the space below the PCMof course......

WHY would you want to have a telephone in sight when you are driving ..?

This is where it all pi55es me off, that whilst driving, if a driver of cars like ours cannot pay the utmost attention to the present conditions instead of the transient needs to use a phone for a relatively short period.....!

I love the fact that I can get in my car and ignore the phone for as long as it takes to enjoy the pleasure of driving my car ....

If you can't do that ....modern day life is taking over your existence ......

I think these phone holders look like ***** anyway ..

bah humbug ...!

T

Agree with your points re looking at the phone whilst driving, but a holder is also a point of safety, if you leave your phone unsecured in the dashboard it can fly about within the cabin under hard acceleration/declaration... So keeping it fixed in a secure place is safer...

mazza said:
....but a holder is also a point of safety, if you leave your phone unsecured in the dashboard it can fly about within the cabin under hard acceleration/declaration... So keeping it fixed in a secure place is safer...

:floor:

The 993 has a nice carpeted "shelf" on top of the centre console, just below the dash.

I can wedge my iPhone (not a 6 or larger) in there in widescreen format and either connect using BT or a USB lead to the head unit above (this is the prefered method, as it means the phone charges as well and I can control the music app from the head unit controls too).

I stick it there when I want to use the TomTom SatNav app.

Otherwise, it pops in the front side pocket

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back