Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the going rate Gen 2 GT3 997

vroomvroom

Really tempted by one......but just cannot bring myself to pay some of the silly advertised prices....for about the same as some of the advertised cars I could have a 12c or for £20k more a 991 GT3....then my man maths has me ordering a new 570s

So what is the real going rate for a nice gen 2 GT3 997 ??

You would do well to get a super low mile CS for less than 100k.

Quite a dilemma. :x

OPC network has two Gen 1 GT3s for £80-85K, so on this basis an early Gen 2 will certainly be in the £95K+ region. You may well end up paying up to £100K to £115K for the spec of car you actually want.

The cheapest OPC 991 GT3 is currently on at £132K.

MP4-12C with low miles are now plentiful in the £100-125K band.

So, if it was me (having taken a PhD in man maths!!!!), would certainly target a 991 GT3 if the budget can stretch, or even tick the McLaren box just to see if it offers a genuinely different experience. :?

If you already own a Porsche - don't waste your money.

Yes the 997.2 GT3 (either model) is an amazing car, I love them to bits and would love one. But what is the point in spending that much money on another 911 when you could buy a Ferrari F430 or decent Lamborghini Gallardo?

Porsche are good but they are nothing like the two manufacturers just mentioned.. The Italians really are Gods.

Attachments

• phpfwxbclpm_788.jpg
    phpfwxbclpm_788.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 9,041
Drive a 997.2 GT3 and then decide. For c£100-110k it's the most awesome car. Has feel and feedback that no Gallardo can offer, except maybe a Balboni, if you can find one. A 430 is interesting, but a comparison with a 430 would need to be with a 430 Scud to offer a similar experience, which is another shed-load of cash in RHD form.

Compare apples with apples, for £100k there is nothing that comes close.

I have had this debate for a while with myself as I was thinking about getting out of my GT3 - however, where is the sense in buying a 12C thats dropping in price, when my gen2 GT3 is increasing in value and offers a more analogue experience? I have thought about the 2wd Gallardo, but finding one is impossible, esp in manual, so I'm yet to drive one.

If you want a manual car in this league then I see no other option to the gen2, except maybe a gen1!

I can't sleep - I need /want one NOW

but just can't face to £90k to £100k needed, I know I'm going to regret "up buying" to a 12c or even a 991 GT3. There is risk buying the latest and greatest because they always looking to upgrade ...

It comes down to how you want to use the car. Are you planning to sell your 993 to part fund?

If your planning on doing track days then GT3 is going to be a far better proposition than a Lambo or Ferrari (unless as others have mentioned you go for Balboni or Scuderia.... Both crazy money)

If a daily driver then GT3 will give you a great experience, Italian cars are very sensitive to mileage and cost a fortune to service/maintain

McLaren is an interesting one, my friend has had one for a year, uses it for his commute, less conspicuous than the Italians but still feels genuinely special (scissor doors help) sounds amazing inside and out, and is an event to drive... Also the service from McLaren is apparently how Porsche used to be 20 years ago. Also seem fairly depreciation proof at the moment.

Great dilemma to have though, best way is to drive them all first and decide...

Not had a 993 for 5 years (don't know how to change my profile) :dont know:
I sold it post £4k of prep for £20k :oops:

I kind of know a GT3 would be my ideal car, when I reflect back on the cars I really got on with, then it's normally the sudo road racer (such a Honda ITR/NSX, boxster, C2S) interestingly the 993 wast all that.

I'm lucky enough to have some decent daily drivers, string of modern RS4s and currently a 470 bhp lexus RCF ...There all great, but not mechanical enough. What I don't need is more power, more tech and even faster gear changes..

I just don't have the talent to get the best out of a super car, so hence a manual, some where I can play out the experience at much lower speeds.

:what:

993 C4S sound like it will for the bill oooops! :grin:

Maybe a 996 GT3 CS... Seen several about at £70k... More raw than a 997 GT3 based on people I've spoken to...

Or a GT4...

A GT3 is very long in the gearing and to get "shove in the back" acceleration means you need to wring it's neck, which equals silly speeds.

A 997 GT3 will max out in second gear at getting on for 90 mph and is similar to a Japanese sportsbike in that it almost begs to be thrashed.

That said you could easily use one as a daily although you will need to exercise an enormous amount of self control to avoid an appearance in front of the beak.

vroomvroom said:
Not had a 993 for 5 years (don't know how to change my profile) :dont know:

If you want to edit/delete/add a car to your profile, ironically, it isn't in your Profile!

Perhaps if you think of it as modifying your "garage" it will make more sense.

So, click on "911uk Garage" (middle of red horizontal menu bar at the top of the page)

Down the centre Menu column of the garage page should be a linky below "My Vehicles" sub title/sub heading

Either click "Create Vehicle" (to add)
or click the name of one of your current garage cars to edit or delete using the "Manage Vehicle Links" on the following page

A quick edit or delete short-cut is just to click on the name of your current garage car (left hand pane of any of your posts) to take you to the "Manage Vehicle Links" area

Nope.

Last of the Mezgers (if you ignore the ones Porsche continued to use - entirely sensibly as it turned out - in the race series Gen 1 991 GT3s)

Praise God.

If the Metzger allows a PDK transmission does that mean an old rubbish engine like mine could have PDK mounted?

I wonder what ECU they are using on the new GT3's then, because it should be Bosch - but the DFI/PDK is all horrible Siemens.. 'scratches jaw'.

PDK on my old dog (997 C2S) would be bliss!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back