Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drain holes on a 2012 cayenne ?

Nik

Sao Paulo
Hi, the Windows on my dad's cayenne seem to be misting up. Anyone know where the drain holes are ? Wondering if they are blocked and that's causing the misting... Any help appreciated !

Have you recently stopped using the air con ?
I don't know to any drain holes :dont know: are the carpets wet :?:

Nope, carpets dry and A/C was used in the summer. The car had a service at OPC Hatfield recently where they checked the A/C. :dont know:

Keep the Ac switched on, just raise the temperature, see if the misting stops,
If so its normal

Really ? So are they more prone to misting than other cars ?

Not really my 911 is worse than the ceyanne, it's only for a period of time after not using the ac, but the period differs from car to car, something to do with the drier :dont know:

Ok thanks buddy. May send it back to Hatfield for good measure, just in case the drain holes are plugged.

We had an issue with misting up because it is easy to set the temperature without setting where the air goes to and so nothing happens. We now use A/C on and set to automatic all the time and there have been no issues since. Incidentally the A/C cooling in summer is the the most powerful I have ever experienced by a large margin.

Wife car dose the same (jan 2012)

Not too bad but enough for it to be noticeable - clears in a couple of seconds of hitting the de-misting button.

Zorro said:
We had an issue with misting up because it is easy to set the temperature without setting where the air goes to and so nothing happens. We now use A/C on and set to automatic all the time and there have been no issues since.

I've never really understood why people turn off AC and dont use the auto settings :dont know: Of all the cars I've owned I only ever had problems with the one where I seldom used AC until I learned an expensive mistake (new compressor in a 3yr old Audi 'just' out of warranty) and now keep AC on all year round.

I've found with climate set in 'Auto' if you leave the face vents open the system is intelligent enough that air wont be directed through those unless outside temp reaches a certain point where cabin cooling is required and in colder weather air is directed more to feet and screen.

Mrs Zingari on the other hand doesn't really grasp the concept of automatic climate control and rather than just leave it at an ambient temperature has to mess about with the controls. Hence all the buttons in her car are near worn out :pc:

Can't speak for others but I always assumed AC was most relevant in the summer when I wanted to cool the air in the car, but didn't think it was worth having it on during colder months as it just uses more fuel :dont know:

Nik said:
Can't speak for others but I always assumed AC was most relevant in the summer when I wanted to cool the air in the car, but didn't think it was worth having it on during colder months as it just uses more fuel :dont know:

More fuel - smoke and mirrors its negligible and the benefits in my view far outweigh any change to mpg. AC dehumidifes the air and demonstrates this best when its raining/damp cold weather and cars can condensate quickly. With AC on the car windscreen will clear in seconds. :thumb: It also makes the car feel less stuffy when you've got the heater on.

in 'Auto' mode it is default AC on for a reason and I wouldn't buy a car without climate control :grin:

Zingari said:
Zorro said:
We had an issue with misting up because it is easy to set the temperature without setting where the air goes to and so nothing happens. We now use A/C on and set to automatic all the time and there have been no issues since.

Mrs Zingari on the other hand doesn't really grasp the concept of automatic climate control and rather than just leave it at an ambient temperature has to mess about with the controls. Hence all the buttons in her car are near worn out :pc:

Same with Mrs Zorro, hence the issue.

Zingari said:
AC dehumidifes the air and demonstrates this best when its raining/damp cold weather and cars can condensate quickly. With AC on the car windscreen will clear in seconds. :grin:

Off course a Cayenne has an electrically heated windscreen, unlike the air cooled models. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back