Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valentino Rossi. Saint or Sinner ??

DRZ911

The 2015 MotoGP Championship comes to a thrilling conclusion at Valencia this weekend.

Following the controversy between Marquez and Rossi at Sepang, is Rossi a saint or a sinner? :?:

Who do you want to win the Championship ..... Lorenzo or Rossi ?

Attachments

• rossi_marquez_contatto_sepang_gp_malesia_2015_704.jpg
    rossi_marquez_contatto_sepang_gp_malesia_2015_704.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 14,190
I think they both aint saints :lol: marquez knew what he was doing. They both don't mind a bit of fairing bashing. Just this time Rossi hit back a little harder.

It would be nice to see the old goat win one more though. But lorenzo has had a good season too so either would fine with me but.. I think they sould be aloud to race on equal terms and let rossi start with a normal grid position.

No way did Rossi have Marquez off on purpose, IMO he was trying to slow Marquez down and give him that WTF look as the overtakes were getting more and more outrageous, Marquez 100% tried to be clever and lean the bike onto Rossi and unfortunately for him as rossi extended his knee to push back Marquez brake was pressed on and down he goes, any other scenario and Rossi would have been disqualified and lost the points from that race.

The decision by the CAS to confirm that Rossi will have to start from the back of the grid has probably decided the Championship in favour of Lorenzo.

Obviously a lot depends on Lorenzo staying on the bike but if he does I can't see Rossi getting close enough to stop him.

It's a shame as, especially with the Hondas in the mix, it would have been a great race if Rossi was starting in the top 6 as he surely would have done.

With hindsight I'm sure Rossi would have settled for a 'safe 4th' in Sepang.

In answer to the question ........ I agree with the stewards decision that whilst he 'sinned' the provocation didn't justify a disqualification.

Neither are saints - both knew what they were doing and it was going to end in tears for one of them; just so happened to be MM

MM reminds me a bit of Jason Plato. Can happily dish it out and shove people around, cause people to have accidents and deny all responsibility, but then when it goes the other way and he's the one losing out - what a whinging little tart he shows himself to be

Bad decision by CAS imho. And now Marquez has strangely regained his pace with 1st in Fp1 :eh!:

Well we'll have to wait to see what raceday brings.... lorenzo may fall.. marquez may knock him off... brake downs... A angry Rossi is usually a fast Rossi he could just pull off something truly historic.

If the Hondas pace is as good as recent form suggests Marquez and Pedrosa should finish 1st & 2nd.

If Lorenzo finishes 3rd, Rossi only needs to finish 6th

I can't see anybody else finishing ahead of Lorenzo but if he finished 4th Rossi would only need to come 9th.

My prediction =

1. Marquez
2. Pedrosa
3. Lorenzo
6. Rossi

Rossi = World Champion by 1 point

Whatever, it will surely be a great race. :thumbs:

Watched the highlights and would not excuse Rossi's reaction but Marquez was clearly out just to annoy him - he appeared to have enough gas to overtake and stay there, but was more intent on just being a pain in the ar$e

:redangel: or :whiteangel: ????

Thanks for the replies - some very informed and balanced viewpoints. :lol:

Overall, Rossi is probably neither a saint nor a sinner. especially when you consider some of his run-ins with the likes of Biaggi, Gibernau and even Stoner. :roll:

Really had hoped that it would be a fair race with everyone starting from the position that they qualify in. However, with Rossi now relegated to the back of the grid, hoping against hope that justice will prevail in that if he can charge through the field (and stay on!), that Lorenzo will end in a position which allows Rossi to take the title.

If not, hope that Rossi can come back even stronger next year and lift his 10th title in what may well be his swansong year. :worship:

P.S.

Attachments

• cso3_fow0aaj_te_213.jpg
    cso3_fow0aaj_te_213.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 13,978
DRZ911 said:
The 2015 MotoGP Championship comes to a thrilling conclusion at Valencia this weekend.

Following the controversy between Marquez and Rossi at Sepang, is Rossi a saint or a sinner? :?:

Who do you want to win the Championship ..... Lorenzo or Rossi ?

Neither sinners or saints - both racers! Marc was playing the fool with his season over, frustration ultimately led to a poor decision by Vale.....CAS has ruined the last race not only for the fans but Yamaha also.
I really hope Vale pulls it out the bag and cements his place as a legend!

Marquez ruined the championship, frustrated Rossi and caused the problem.. No respect for him at all now.. Acting like a baby . Hope Rossi wins the championship and proves them all wrong.. let's face it they'll never ever be on his level ... Rossi ... Senna nobody will ever come close to them . No arguments

Congratulations to Lorenzo and Yamaha on the race and the World Championship. :thumb:

Well done to Valentino for giving it his all and coming through to 4th. :lol:

DRZ911 said:
Congratulations to Lorenzo and Yamaha on the race and the World Championship. :thumb:

Well done to Valentino for giving it his all and coming through to 4th. :lol:

Yep - congrats to both and made for a cracking finale.

Yea - congratulations to Jorge qualifying alone was a championship winning ride and it's not like he doesn't deserve it so how come I feel so disappointed........

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back