Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dodgy PSE fixed Massive thumbs up to Sid at Porsche Torque !

Nattyboy

Whilst recently having sport chrono retrofitted to my 987 Spyder, the OPC pointed out that half of my PSE was not working, and it would need fixing at a cost of £517.62. Arse.

I did think it was a bit quiet compared to the PSE on my 997 but as they were a bit vague on what the problem was exactly (they couldn't even tell me if it was jammed open or closed!), I put it off for a while.

This week, I dropped it in and left it with Porsche Torque as I had a business trip to Germany and could get a taxi from the airport.

I'd never actually met Sid or visited his premises as all the stuff done to my 997 was done through Tom at 911 Virgin who I bought the car from.

Anyway, dropped it in, explained the problem and Sid ordered up a new PSE actuator in anticipation of that being the problem as he would only have the car for the day.

Imagine my surprise delight therefore, to be told on collection that;

a) They managed to free the actuator with some heat, and took the opportunity to clean up both of them.
b) I didn't need a new actuator so the one ordered could go back (how honest is that ?!)
c) He wanted just £30 for half an hours labour for sorting all of the above !

You just don't come across honesty/integrity/passion for fixing stuff like that every day (certainly not from my local OPC :evil: ) so wanted to give Sid the credit he deserves.

Yours loudly (to think I've been missing out all this time - grrrr!)

Nat

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back