Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After a few wobbles...I've fallen over

RedC4

Hi Guys,
Just to say that I've eventually called it a day with the old girl. I've trader her in for a younger model, which I collect on Saturday. I'm bound to regret this big style, so will still take an interest in all of your cars and will come and talk to you at the usual FastLane events and such like.

As I say, an agonizing decision. Hope you all stay stronger and keep the faith. They are great cars. :sad:

Oh, and of course thanks for all of the car-related advice. :thumbs:

Sad, but sometimes you just have to move on....
So what have you sold us out for?

Your signature says you have a 964 and a 997, which one did you trade in?

isysman said:

Could be the 964, as we're in the 964 section.

pzero said:
isysman said:

Could be the 964, as we're in the 964 section.

Touché. :x I saw it in the feed so didn't look.

Yes, that's right, traded the 964, keeping the 997. I've gone for a 981 Box. We used to have a 986 Box, which was great fun. So, hoping the 981 provides the same. It's an apples and oranges comparison with the 964, they're just different. I was getting too precious about the 964, wondering where the next patch of rust would develop, and ultimately not using it.

You won't be disappointed. the 981 is a fabulous car. I was going to buy one this year but I decided to wait to see what the new car brings and I'm told by someone at the OPC there will be a new 'sub' Boxster next year as well. So in the meantime I bought a 987. But the 981 which I have had many times on loan, is epic.

Excellent, that sounds very promising! :thumbs:

Chief said:
Sad, but sometimes you just have to move on....
So what have you sold us out for?

Thanks Chief. Your car and skills are :worship:

Nice one Neil get some pics up once you pick it up, then bring it up here for a spring run :lol: so which ones yours and which ones Rita`s

Boxster sounds just the job Neil! May as well have a car that you can get out and enjoy without worrying about :)

Did you trade your 964 in when you bought the Boxster? Just wondering where its up for sale and if the new buyer is likely to be local?

Cheers
Chris

Gazc2 said:
Nice one Neil get some pics up once you pick it up, then bring it up here for a spring run :lol: so which ones yours and which ones Rita`s

Thanks Gaz, I think we're planning a week in the Trossachs in Jan. Yeah, I know, not exactly roof down weather. As for which one's Rita's, :dont know: could be mix'n'match.

How's the Turbo going?

deutschland-dobson said:
Boxster sounds just the job Neil! May as well have a car that you can get out and enjoy without worrying about :)

Did you trade your 964 in when you bought the Boxster? Just wondering where its up for sale and if the new buyer is likely to be local?

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris. I traded the 964 into a garage called GC Motors in Harrogate. I don't think it's the sort of car that they'd retail, so I guess they'll be moving it on via the trade. I'll keep checking in on the 964 forum, in case the new owner appears and they have any questions.

How's the stereo/amp coming along?

RedC4 said:
deutschland-dobson said:

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris. I traded the 964 into a garage called GC Motors in Harrogate. I don't think it's the sort of car that they'd retail, so I guess they'll be moving it on via the trade. I'll keep checking in on the 964 forum, in case the new owner appears and they have any questions.

How's the stereo/amp coming along?

We'll keep an eye out for her cropping up again :)

Install is all ready to go and booked in for early January. I've passed the remainder of the fitting to the pros to do it justice!

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back