Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 road trip to the Porsche Museum - channel crossings plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitos

Has anyone booked yet?

I'm likely to take a late train over on Wednesday (21:50) and return Monday on the 14:20. Would be good to coordinate where we can...

Thoughts :?:

I am all up for booking early ........ but I might be doing my own thing and touring on after Dinslaken ....... but out bound I will go with the flow ...... :)

Happy to go with the flow.

I reckon a 9:50 shuttle is going to get us to the hotel in Calais close on midnight. Any earlier means facing the M25 during rush hour so I guess I'll go with the masses too.

Slight revision folks. We're going on the 7:50pm train out...

27th April 19:50 out from Folkstone and back on the 2nd at 14:50.

Booked :thumb:

I will be looking to go earlier than that ....... I wont be working that day so to miss traffic etc I think I will be going early afternoon and would like to ensconced at the hotel at the latest 5.00pm with a view to having dinner around 8.00/8.30pm.

Going earlier will make for a much more relaxed day. I'm just spending my holiday wisely so leaving late Wednesday means only 2 days out of work for the trip.

Shall we make a list?

out return
mohitos 27/4 19:50 2/05 14:50
dommorton 27/4 19:50 2/05 14:50
highway 27/4 19:50 2/05 14:50

madalaa said:
I will be looking to go earlier than that ....... I wont be working that day so to miss traffic etc I think I will be going early afternoon and would like to ensconced at the hotel at the latest 5.00pm with a view to having a beer in my hand by 5.01pm

Fixed that for you Andy. :wink:

madalaa said:
I will be looking to go earlier than that ....... I wont be working that day so to miss traffic etc I think I will be going early afternoon and would like to ensconced at the hotel at the latest 5.00pm with a view to having dinner around 8.00/8.30pm.

Sounds like a plan

Where is the best place to buy the channel crossing tickets or is there only the one place to buy them?

Your choice of ferry or Eurotunnel.

For the tunnel, there's only one place:

www.eurotunnel.com

Thanks for that. It will be by Eurotunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back