Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

McLaren 570S

chimp911

Zandvoort
Finally a McCar I may actually be interested in....

An excellent, mature and well balanced review from Monkey too :thumb:

Yes exciting times ahead. I wonder if they will ever make a Boxster rival? Now that is something I would buy!

Not sure how happy I'd be if I'd just paid £50k extra only to find that this almost matches the performance figures of the big brother?

Yep - reads the review this morning and agree it looks great. More complete as a design, and very cool in a shouty colour. Mechanical ARB's are a good thing also IMHO, in terms of giving a more analogue experience. Sounds like it needs stickier tyres though.

Oh and that track lap on PHeads looks pretty shocking - the guy is understeering his way around Portamao, no smoothness at all, he's not "feeling" the car.

isysman said:
Not sure how happy I'd be if I'd just paid £50k extra only to find that this almost matches the performance figures of the big brother?

Not very, judging by the inane whinging over on PH... :roll:

There will be the cheaper 540S along shortly and there is speculation of a hotter "GT3" version in the works too :food:

I've not really been an advocate of the McBrand with all of their recent efforts leaving me rather cold - I consider myself the antithesis of rambolambo* et al in that respect - but this latest model, while certainly not perfect, really starts to make sense and I expect will compete well with its rivals...

Do I want one? Er...maybe... :?:

*possibly a synonym for merchant banker :dont know:

Good post. :thumb:

They just don't do anything for me. The whole appliance of science thing is everything that has gone wrong with supercars, where somehow the passion and excitement has been lost. When my boat comes in and I have a supercar, I want it to be like the beginning of the Italian Job (clearly not including the collision with a digger)

Colour scheme on that Mclaren is :paperbag: Looks like an evil clown.

I think harrismonkey likes it! He sure knows how to drive and understands the mechanics of a good chassis and suspension set-up, unlike the three clowns on Top Gear. He's just being a bit too much of a hooligan for my liking!

I get the feeling a McLaren Boxster competitor is on the cards.

spyderman said:
I think harrismonkey likes it! He sure knows how to drive and understands the mechanics of a good chassis and suspension set-up, unlike the three clowns on Top Gear. He's just being a bit too much of a hooligan for my liking!

His review was by far the best out of the four.

200kg less than a 991 turbo, pretty impressive for the same money.

If only....a manual, if only.....n/a V8

Doubling the production output, where are they making them?

I'll take one in Fistral Blue like this LT

78777d1445102983-675lts-spotted-wild-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445102981.089327.jpg

Senoj said:
200kg less than a 991 turbo, pretty impressive for the same money.

If only....a manual, if only.....n/a V8

Doubling the production output, where are they making them?

They have plenty of land and I believe that they already have planning approval for quite a lot of potential expansion at the MTC in Woking.

rottenbend said:
I'll take one in Fistral Blue like this LT

78777d1445102983-675lts-spotted-wild-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445102981.089327.jpg

Fistral Blue....you mean Riviera Blue. Only if you steal the idea you have to call it something different obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back