Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dealer warranty issues diesel Cayenne- advice please?

Trailermeister

Morning,
Wondering I can get some advice please? I bought a 61 plate Cayenne from a main dealer in Feb, it was recovered back into the dealership 4 weeks later with a major oil leak in the top end sump I am told, major work removal of engine, gearbox etc. I was also told 221 new parts (as Porsche will not let them re-use any of the old parts removed in relation to the repair!) and £4K+ warranty cost.
I had major problems with the dealer (damage to car upon return, 248 miles covered for "road test"? Fuel light on when delivered back, and best of all another oil leak after 24hrs!!!) it then went to another dealer to have these issues rectified at the original dealers expense.....long story but not the issue I am looking for advice on!
I bought at just over 50k in Feb, it was recovered in March @ 52, 584 and returned to me in April showing just short of 53k- 17k since last service.
I have just tried to px the car and the guy looking to take it in has rung the original dealer because my service book states last serviced @ 36k on 01/14, With a current reading of 60,300 but the car says an oil service is not required for 5,900miles/ 320 days-which will be 30k since last service????
Now here is my issue...he has then been told that they did not carry out an oil service when it was in for the warranty work, they did not change the oil filter, despite it being 17k old, but even more incredulous....they actually RE-USED the old 17k oil..!!!!!! then to add another twist, 2 weeks ago my oil warning came up to say "oil level minimum reached" after only 7k miles since the repair.
Where do I stand here????
I have never heard of oil being re- used on a major repair, so close to it needing replacement?
Why on earth has it reached minimum oil level after 7k miles?
With the cars servicing clock out of sync, my car is now 4K OVERDUE a service in the potential purchasers eyes!

Any advice or help appreciated here please?

That's a shocking story. What road test could possibly take 248 miles? I would go back to the OPC and ask to speak to the dealer principle and tell him this story. This has worked for me one time. Having said that it's also had no effect at another dealership.

If they fail to rectify you can actually report bad service to Porche Germany and they can lose their licence if they get enough complaints (told to me by a salesman at a competing dealership).

Reusing oil is not unheard of but I wouldn't expect it from a dealership. But after going through that and it's still leaking is shocking.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back