Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Turbo Ocean Blue

911 AU

Silverstone
Many thanks to Chief and Zingari for their sensible advice on several cars I considered buying. Bought this car this week. Picking it up tomorrow.
Thought I was old enough not to get a bit excited......

Please... Tis the night before Christmas for grown men... Always.

Congrats & enjoy in good health.

Midnight/midnight turbo?

JZM? I recognise the garage.

Is it the Turbo that they were selling recently?

Ed, well done pal. I'll look forward to seeing it in the flesh :thumb:

I thought it might be the C4S that was discussed on here recently - either way, beautiful car.
I got my C2S from 911V last week and can't stop smiling - or adding miles to it.
Enjoy the day.

Looks stunning , many congratulations :thumbs:

There a couple of very happy people here on 911uk here this morning ....... I remember when I picked up my 993 from 911Virgin ......... I had to pull over a few miles down the road and settle myself ...... lol ...... ;)

Whoop whoop

Very very lovely :thumb: :thumb:

Tell us more in particular the option codes😀

As above are we looking at an n/a or turbo car?

Plus plenty more pics are required or the mods will start grumbling :cop:

Evening all,
Thanks for the comments. Was not looking for a blue car, but this colour looks great, to me anyway.

Picked up the car at lunchtime, pleasant chap called Robert at JZM looked after me.
Car as described, 'good honest car.' I'm guessing this is trade talk for a car to be used not garaged and in need of little TLC?
It's had masses spent on it mechanically. £18k engine rebuild by Fernsport less than 5k miles ago. new front diff couple of k's ago and just had £5k prep before sale including front end respray. All the receipts back to when it was new.
Few minor bits to sort out, cracked rear light, bit of OCD cleaning inside needed (under door handles and hard to reach areas). Crapy Sony Xmas tree stereo, all lights but no sound. Not too much.
Good drive home, nice and smooth. Rattle from inside dashboard, will have to find that but will probably be a pig to locate.
First impressions on driving home:
Felt secure and well planted, not skittish.
Didn't feel blisteringly fast, only gave it the odd proper burst, checked speedo on last little blat, how the blooming hell did it get to that speed? Faster than I'd ever taken my (ex) 997.1 C4s. Decided to get home more gently!

Codes L3AZ C16 XE7 X50 X54 X71 587 602 650 09981 09991

Now using Kindel.com option decoder I get
'Code Option Description
09991 manufacture from the exclusive-programme
602 Third brake light "High mount"
650 Sunroof
X50 Power package option on 2002 Turbos
X71 Aluminum Instrument Dials'

My car is a 1997, was the X50 pack available?
Any ideas on the other codes?

Biggest mistake so far - getting a classic car policy with classic line (great service btw) with a 5k annual mileage.

As the car is practically worthless, 98500 on clock, I'm going to use it. Daily if I can except when snow/salt on roads. I'll get it serviced yearly, mainly to get the stamp. Any recommendations in the Midlands? Everything else I'm going to try and do myself. I was happy doing most work but mainly on older Triumphs, so I may be asking for help and advice along the way.

Now, my little boy, 2 and a 1/2 years old loved playing in the C4s. Got really excited when I got home but what can I do to entice him not to go in this one?

Love that view!

Night all

ps for those writing up the rebuild threads, great work, thank you. Always read them, but never post.

A little research on this back in 2008 revealed:

430hp (316kw):
X50 - Power package option
X54 - Oval Chrome Exhaust Pipes

450hp (331kw):
XE7 - additional oil cooler for 993 Turbo S
XLB - Twin pipe exhaust 993 Turbo S
XLC - K24 Turbos inc. adapted ECU for 993 Turbo S

I always wondered why the car examined which had the first set of codes above did not have the code for the oil cooler, when it was clearly fitted.

Anyhow, your car has exactly the codes I'd expect for a factory fitted 430hp power pack!

You probably know that the X50 bit refers to the revised ECU which has a different part number than standard as well.

My car has the same, except OPC fitted and I think carried out in 1997.

Anyhow, well done on bagging a beautiful car.

tim

Beautiful car, congrats

911 AU said:
Didn't feel blisteringly fast

I'm sure it will...
My cousin has one and performance is amazing for a 20 yr old car. Still knows how's to push you back in yr seat :grin:

Enjoy :thumb:

Tim, cheers.
I spent a bit of time looking up your old posts, lots of info and really liking the Arena.
Not sure why Paragon who you bought from and JZM from whom I bought missed the X50 bit. I would have though it would be desirable? Or is it something not to spoken about?

Car feels civilised, more so than I expected.

Now on the computer in the car, what relevance do the 'Bar' numbers have?
I know its the boost, but what do they go up to with say moderate/hard acceleration?
Found one rattle very easily, locking wheel nut in secret centre compartment. Still another noticeable one though.

Colour changes hugely depending on the light, almost green sometimes. Any recommendations on stereo? Ideally something fitted in that era to Porsches.

Need some bright sun!

Cheers all

Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back