Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 badge

nigel99

Mexico City
I was just in slough next to another black C2S and it had the 911 decal at the back instead of the Carrera S. I thought it looked great and am considering getting the same but i do like the S badge being there. I wondered what variations of the rear badges people had on their cars. Any pics?

Attachments

• c_data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved_images_te10g08id0004_big_134.jpg
    c_data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved_images_te10g08id0004_big_134.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 11,645
badge

mine is quite understated!

Attachments

• porsche996turbo_388_752.jpg
    porsche996turbo_388_752.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 11,612
Interested in this thread as my Carrera S badge is coming away where lambs wool fibres get progressively wedged under the badge. I've been trawling the forum for photos as I do like the understatement and purity of the 911 on its own, but somehow the Carrera S keeps sneaking back in to my decision making!

Also does everyone attach their own, or take it to an OPC who I imagine would have the templates to mount them exactly right. I can see myself blowing £60 by sticking it a few degrees off :grin:

Or no badge at all...!
Been a few threads on here over time about "going commando".
That is how mine is - much simpler. Sorry no photo available but lots will be along soon.

Won't it leave a permanent mark where the old badge was as the paint underneath won't have weathered so much :?:

I went black 911 as I dont need a turbo badge :dont know:

Alfaian said:
Won't it leave a permanent mark where the old badge was as the paint underneath won't have weathered so much :?:

Not if you mop it and repolish

As my car is grey, I have been thinking about changing my CS badge to a black one.... Nothing else is silver..... And also black CS lettering on the lower front of the doors!

Alfaian said:

Once you get all the sticky glue off (which is a pain) I just used a few polishes with autoglym super resin - came up a treat and my car was 10 years old.

rob_p said:
Alfaian said:

Once you get all the sticky glue off (which is a pain) I just used a few polishes with autoglym super resin - came up a treat and my car was 10 years old.

Same on my '95 993 - no trace at all once polished :thumb:

The techquipment brochure lists the badge as £99 inc vat and fitting. I'll probably go for that rather than risk bodging it up myself. Hoping to see a few more photos first though....

I got mine off ebay for about £10

The tequipment brochure is advertising the 911 badge for £99 inc fitting but I just got a quote from OPC Guildford to remove the Carrera S and replace with 911 badge £276.05!

I have seen the OEM 911 badge on ebay for under £50 but I'm not confident I wouldn't mess this up and end up wonky or falling off so I'll probably just keep as is.

You could go all 991 on it by adding the following letters to the back:

Porsche 911 Carera 3.8 S Flat 6 Rear Engine 2+2 Coupe 4 Wheels
Round Tyres Petrol Fuelled Headlight Equipped Beetle Derived

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back