Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So Who's Got A Mini

Winny911

Sao Paulo
Following on from another thread in here it seems quite a few of us have minis as daily transport

Here's mine it's 2006 R53 JCW in Astro Black which I bought back in November 2008 with about 6.5K on the clock, it's now on 109k. Over the years I have been through many faults, repairs, upgrades plus a collision with a deer and now I have the car just the way I want it.

photo_zps1d6ae4cf.jpg

It had quite a high specification from the factory including: -

Sat Nav
Blue tooth
Panoramic Roof
Recaro seats etc.

The only thing I would have chosen differently from the factory would have been Sparco seats instead of Recaro seats but I fixed that myself as you will see if you keep reading.

This is what it looked like when I first got it.

747172-1.jpg

747172-2.jpg

747172-3.jpg

747172-4.jpg

747172-5.jpg

747172-6.jpg

Modifications I have done so far include: -

AP coilovers
Alta RCAs
Trimmed bumper & arch lips
Ploy bushed FCAs
16" BBS RS003 wheels
Relocated front number plate
JCW Sparco seats
JCW Strut Brace
Whalen gear knob
ScanguageII (As no temp gauge fitted as standard)

The chrome scoop didn't last long by the way... I'm quite happy with a bit of chrome but that's just a bit too much even for me. The replica BBS LMs didn't last long either, not because I didn't like the look but mainly because being replicas they suffered from corrosion on the dishes which made them look awful.

So now it looks like this now: -

photo_zpsf9c5aece.jpg

Wheel fitment: -

photo_zps4efcfbd6.jpg

photo_zps8c44c563.jpg

And some photos from when I swapped the seats out for the Sparcos: -

image_zps330c6b2b.jpg

image_zps2772d264.jpg

I've got one too!

Mine is a 2003 cooper S.

It's been modified (like all my cars) and has the following spec:
17% reduction pulley
550cc injectors
RMW stage 2 big valve head with double sprung valves
Massive inconel exhaust valves
RMW tune
New Eaton M45 supercharger
Piper 4-2-1 decat large bore manifold
direnza cat back
D2 fully adjustable coilovers
Fully polybushed
SPC rear adjustable control arms
Big R56 front brakes
Braided lines
GP recaro seats
Currently running at approx 320bhp / 270whp

It's a quick wee thing which holds its own against vastly more expensive cars!

I think it cost me about £2k for the mini, but the cylinder head was much more than that on its own, God knows how much I've ploughed into it this year!

I'll post some photos when I get to a pc

Yep me too.

R53 2004 Cooper S
Factory fitted sports suspension (far too stiff)! :eek:ld:
Modified engine running about 200+ hp
JCW exhaust
17% pully
Air filter
Remap
All mods done at Lohen (before I bought it)
Eibach springs (currently off the car as too stiff!) Standard springs currently on.

Interior spec is quite bare, but I only bought it short term but now I love it so I wish I'd bothered more with the spec. Having said that the car apart from an initial coolant leak has been faultless and I've made two trips to Germany in it.

b650180d94bc9b68dfca9a569e77d594_zps8gabhiph.jpg

9591032b54dcbf442f6a566f55c717f0_zpsqq6pnuwd.jpg

dd19d773852c7e6e038021f21ed7f65d_zpscaagbesq.jpg

And here's my other mini which I have had since 2006

DSC00233.jpg

It started out as a stock 1971 850cc pickup but it's now running a 1330 stage 3 engine with vmax supercharger conversion putting out 112 bhp lowered on mb split rims with spax suspension this thing is quicker to 60 than my 911 but is going flat out at 75 due to gear ratios[/img]

Lovin those seats, didn't realise they did ones for the rear as well, where did you get them from? :)

I currently have a 1275Gt being restored for me by the North West Mini Center... Should be ready around March next year :)

Winny911 said:
And here's my other mini which I have had since 2006

DSC00233.jpg

It started out as a stock 1971 850cc pickup but it's now running a 1330 stage 3 engine with vmax supercharger conversion putting out 112 bhp lowered on mb split rims with spax suspension this thing is quicker to 60 than my 911 but is going flat out at 75 due to gear ratios[/img]

Love it! Looks a beauty. :thumb:

My last track day/road toy was a 1974 Mini, with a 1380 in it. I built the motor up with a KAD head, Jenvey throttle bodies, a 5 speed JKD dog-box and made over 190 hp on our Superflow engine dyno, with 120 ft/lbs of torque. It went like a rabid dog! Weight was 560kg. I will dig out a photo of the lump for you...

The engine is currently in Tim Dennis' hillclimb car, which runs 32.20 seconds up Shelsley Walsh hillclimb. Around a track, it was massively faster than my 996 turbo!

Wow looks very nice but that must be a hell of an investment... £10-15k on a kad engine?

I'm happy with mine the engine itself was orignally an austec 1330 self build kit from 1984 plus the vmax kit I think Its cost about £1700 all in for 112 bhp and 125 ft/lbs if I ever do another engine it will be non a series either an r1 or vtec

AdeD said:
Lovin those seats, didn't realise they did ones for the rear as well, where did you get them from? :)

I currently have a 1275Gt being restored for me by the North West Mini Center... Should be ready around March next year :)

Seats were an option from the jcw catalog and come up on eBay from time to time but cost £££ so unless you really want jcw ones something like recaro pole positions would be cheaper

Are you keeping the gt stock? I would be tempted with an engine conversion under the bid square bonnet

Winny911 said:
Are you keeping the gt stock? I would be tempted with an engine conversion under the bid square bonnet

It won't be completely stock but i'll be keeping the 1275gt engine in it for now... Probably going to give it to my son as he turns 17 next year around the time it'll be finished although i've not checked the dreaded Insurance for him on it yet..

Winny911 said:
Wow looks very nice but that must be a hell of an investment... £10-15k on a kad engine?

I'm happy with mine the engine itself was orignally an austec 1330 self build kit from 1984 plus the vmax kit I think Its cost about £1700 all in for 112 bhp and 125 ft/lbs if I ever do another engine it will be non a series either an r1 or vtec

I'm an engine tuner by trade, so I did all of the work myself. With the parts in that engine, big journal billet crank, Saenz rods, one-off pistons, billet cams, ali flywheel, the very rare dog box, Life F88 ecu.etc,etc... the parts alone would set you back 14k, plus over 160 hours labour to do all of the work. Not something I would ever wish to repeat, but listening to it at the hillclimbs now (from outside the car) makes me smile. It was developed to make over 100 ft/lbs from 3250 to 9000 rpm.

The funny thing about 911s, is that everybody goes on about steering feel. As you will know only too well, a Mini (a proper one), has the ultimate in steering feel and connection. Fantastic fun but scary with lots of power!

i got one too!
2006 Mini One Seven

Attachments

• mini1_800x450_155.jpg
    mini1_800x450_155.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 16,105

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01