Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

20,000 miles and nothing has gone wrong - shocker!!

Shurv

Mexico City
Just to thumb my nose at all the doom mongers, I'd like to report that in the 31 months I've owned my 2002 C4S, I've done 20,000 miles and nothing has blown up, fallen off , or generally tried to bankrupt me. This is despite 2 full on track days, and some decent hooning in between. I'm that confident in it's ability to last the distance, I've recently pressed it into action as my daily driver. I don't pamper it in a heated and dehumidified garage, it lives outside on my drive in all weathers.
So, there you go, my performance bargain of the century just keeps on giving. What's my secret I hear you asking ?. Keep on top of the maintenance, and use the thing.
That is all. :D :thumb:

:worship: :grin: :thumb:

Mines still a garage queen, could not bear to leave it at the train station everyday with a lot of peoples could not care less it's only a car attitude.
But respect to you.

I share your sentiments mine lives outside, am enjoying my daily commute immensely. Had mine 6 weeks now and put 2000 miles on the clock! Sailed through its MOT.

Although I have just bought this for occasional winters day when using Porsche will be out of the question up here in the Pendle Hills!!

4BDE8627-1F1E-493D-B177-BFACC1234A43_zpscvrnutoa.jpg

:thumb:

Shurv said:
Just to thumb my nose at all the doom mongers, I'd like to report that in the 31 months I've owned my 2002 C4S, I've done 20,000 miles and nothing has blown up, fallen off , or generally tried to bankrupt me. This is despite 2 full on track days, and some decent hooning in between. I'm that confident in it's ability to last the distance, I've recently pressed it into action as my daily driver. I don't pamper it in a heated and dehumidified garage, it lives outside on my drive in all weathers.
So, there you go, my performance bargain of the century just keeps on giving. What's my secret I hear you asking ?. Keep on top of the maintenance, and use the thing.

Top Post Shurv!!!! The smile you had on your face on Saturday, was as wide as the arse of your 4S :grin: That car of yours looks fantastic in the flesh too.

Coming up to a year now for me (just got the V11 reminder through the post) and no issues other than the broken oil pressure sender and split exhausts which were faults the car came with.

But unlike Shurv I've only done about 2500 miles! And I keep mine in a garage, can't bear the thought of people dinging those wide hips :hand:

I've had my 1998 for nearly 4 years, done 12000 miles and apart from service parts (plugs/coil packs, which it is in for right now), the only issue I have had was split seams on the exhaust....which I was aware of when I bought the car.

I had a 964 previously for 3 years and spent absolutely nothing on it.

Both cars kept outside and driven regularly. These are brilliant cars.

DRIVE AND ENJOY!!!

Music in harmony !!i bought my car blind with no inspection and other than suspension recon and services I have done 14,000 miles in 18 months and it just gets better . It's used most days , asda , B&Q , Nurburgring , school the lot ... I can't ever see me changing it , cos I don't know of anything which would replace it ..
I'm taking a bit of a precaution with a millers nano oil change this week though , why not ?

DynoMike said:
Shurv said:

Top Post Shurv!!!! The smile you had on your face on Saturday, was as wide as the arse of your 4S :grin: That car of yours looks fantastic in the flesh too.

Hi Mike,
Was really good to see you on Saturday, I'd have loved to have stayed and watched everyone go round in the afternoon, but I had to get home as we have a dog. I had the best day with my 911 so far, it loved being thrashed round the Goodwood circuit. I even managed to get Mrs Shurv to stay in the car for 2 sessions, though she did get a bit vocal in the 2nd one when I started to speed up. :D
I've really bonded with this car unlike any car or bike I've ever had, Mrs Shurv says I'm like a kid with his favourite toy, I can't go anywhere without it, and I think she's right. I've now got it exactly as I want it, and I'm going to happily wear it out. :thumb:

No issues with my 997.1 C2S either (post rebuild)

100% perfect cars. Only needed rear discs and pads, and front pads and I've owned it nearly two years. Servicing goes without question - it is 'overly' maintained and I'm enjoying it :lol:

Hats off to you Shurv mine has done 1000 miles this year yes its a garage gueen could not bear it being outside.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back