Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 1 Turbo

Scholester

Barcelona
Hi,
I am selling my M3 and returning to Porsche.
I fancy a low miles, FSH, Turbo Coupe and am actively on the look out.
If anyone is selling soon then please PM me.
As a guide, I have a budget of around £45k for the right car. I am flexible on colour combo and spec but would not consider anything with a questionable history.
Scholester

Manual or Tip :?:

ps. Mine's not for sale. Good Luck :thumb:

Sorry, manual only.
I don't have anything against Tip/auto but my weekend car has always been manual and that's what I will be looking for.
I have had some positive calls already on the M3 so I will be trying to schedule in some viewings as soon as work projects allow.
:thumbs:

I've got an M3 as a daily driver and bought a gen 2 turbo back in April.

Initially wanted a late manual gen 1 turbo (2009) but decided to increase my budget and bought a gen 2.

I think for £45k you will struggle to find a decent gen 1 manual car. With reasonably low milage they tend to be around £55k to £60k.

They are available for £45k but mileage will be high and condition won't be A1.

Best of luck with your search

Bikeracer1098 said:
I've got an M3 as a daily driver and bought a gen 2 turbo back in April.

Initially wanted a late manual gen 1 turbo (2009) but decided to increase my budget and bought a gen 2.

I think for £45k you will struggle to find a decent gen 1 manual car. With reasonably low milage they tend to be around £55k to £60k.

They are available for £45k but mileage will be high and condition won't be A1.

Best of luck with your search

I agree with the above, also I have just sold my M3, great cars, it was an SMG and i hated it!!

Im going to try and get my old 996 back, I miss it!!

Its a good time to get a 997 turbo, whatever the version, as they represent great value, a bit like the 996 Turbo did 2 years ago!!

Get them while you can I say!!

I don't think that a good example cannot be found for £45k.
I may have to deviate slightly from the most popular spec but a quick look round the market indicates that I am within the ballpark.
The first thing is to sell the M3 then I can fully focus on viewings with the readies at the ready!

Scholester said:
I may have to deviate slightly from the most popular spec but a quick look round the market indicates that I am within the ballpark.
The first thing is to sell the M3 then I can fully focus on viewings with the readies at the ready!

I think it depends what you mean by low miles. I would regard 55k miles as low on an early car. It's way lower than mine! And I would think you won't be too far off the money there. Might need to up it a touch but not too much.

However, really low mileage examples of just about any collectable Porsche model have a large premium....

One mans "low mileage" differs from another's....

That's one of those 'Marmite' interiors. Not sure I could be loving that for too long before hankering after something more sporty.

Its not the kind of car I would rule out but the colour scheme would definitely, on first impressions, be a compromise for me.

Master_Betty said:
Scholester said:

I think it depends what you mean by low miles. I would regard 55k miles as low on an early car. It's way lower than mine! And I would think you won't be too far off the money there. Might need to up it a touch but not too much.

However, really low mileage examples of just about any collectable Porsche model have a large premium....

One mans "low mileage" differs from another's....
I would be silly not to consider cars up to 60k miles but that is my limit. I would rather have a base Turbo with no frills than a higher mileage version - just my personal taste.

Whizzer said:
How about this one?

http://www.quirkscarco.co.uk/porsche-911-turbo-997-in-essex-5100128

They are a good dealer, my turbo came from them

If this is the car I enquired about when being sold by another dealer, it has quite a few modifications from standard and a buyer withdrew from purchase after a PPI so tread carefully.

It may not be the same car but it looks very similar and the spec is not a combination you will find often.

Windy101 said:
Whizzer said:
How about this one?

http://www.quirkscarco.co.uk/porsche-911-turbo-997-in-essex-5100128

They are a good dealer, my turbo came from them

If this is the car I enquired about when being sold by another dealer, it has quite a few modifications from standard and a buyer withdrew from purchase after a PPI so tread carefully.

It may not be the same car but it looks very similar and the spec is not a combination you will find often.

Sound advice!
I will be looking at going down the PPI route also. Its too much money for me to be making rash decisions.......

I sold my 56 reg Cobalt Blue with grey leather Gen1 manual Turbo to Prestige Cars Kent just over a year ago when it had 25k miles on it. Fantastic condition and v high spec. It broke my heart to let it go, but I needed quick cash at the time.

It is still on their website for £50K although has now gone up to 29k :?: but has also had a full service and has had the Porsche 111 point check, so would be good for an OPC warranty if done within the next 12 months. Here's the link:
http://www.prestigecarskent.co.uk/used-car-porsche-911-turbo-coupe-1807

Good luck and I'd be interested to know what you think.

By the way, I also moved to Porsche from an M3, great car but shite gearbox (SMG)

Clive

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back