Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I bought the black 993 C2S at 911 Virgin last week!

jimblack993c2s

Hello all,
I was told that my car was being discussed on here so thought I'd drop by :D

I picked the car up last Saturday from 911V - great bunch and the car was just as described (rare for a car dealer I know) - in a word, perfect.

I didn't get a bargain (!)but I wanted one of the best and it had to be black with the correct seats and low miles.

I couldn't spot anything to pick them up on and the service we received was fantastic - down to earth, friendly and enthusiastic. My son loves these cars and since he knew I had owned one from before his birth, he's been aghast that I didn't keep it as they are his favourite car. Forget the Lambo's, Bentley, multiple Ferrari's and other 911's I've raided the piggy bank for - it has to be a 993 for him (and me).

So, we arrive on Saturday and he thinks we are just going for a little trip out to 'see some cars', he's excited but not overly so. We arrive at 911V and the C2S is tucked away in the garage waiting for us - son runs over, 'dad, dad - a C2s! These are wide bodied and really rare in black dad.....and it's a manual!' I think he even uttered the immortal line 'last of the air cooled'...

We play a little game of 'sorry, it's sold' (thanks to Dan from 911V for his excellent acting skills) ....'to me' - cue tears from son and claims of 'the best day of my life' - his mum and sister were slightly less enthused but that's life..

Anyway - hello to all and I'll post a couple of pics if anyone is interested. I might want to get an original rear deck for mine at some point if anyone knows the best place to get one - can't decide which looks best yet.

Well a big welcome to the forum, looking forward to the pics. :thumb:

Nice story. Get photos up ASAP.

Welcome to the forum.

2S

Great story Jim

Get some pictures up, for us all to admire.... :thumbs:

So how old is your son ? His reaction sounded amazing.....memories eh..

:D

Nice one. Great first post.

Re: 2S

Great story...these 993's are special cars !!

Ecky993 said:
So how old is your son ? His reaction sounded amazing.....memories eh..

Was going to ask the same..my boys 6 and loves my 993 :grin:

Pics of the new wheels please :thumb:

Welcome, your 993 sounds great. My SY 993 was well discussed on here, if nothing else it reassured me I'd bought a great car with good history, and a fastidious previous owner. Enjoy the 993, and get some pictures up!

This was the car at 911V the evening before we picked it up.
Son is 9 years old, thanks for the warm welcome, will post more pics.
So pleased to be back in a 993. Not the fastest or flashiest but the noise at 6000 rpm and the look of the thing - couldn't top it.

Attachments

• 993_comp_165.jpg
    993_comp_165.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5,727
Welcome to the forum, great first post, you're lucky your son is a 993 fan, make the most of it, my son is into sports cars, anything but Porsche :sad:

Do get some pictures up, a black C2S sounds fantastic. I bought a 993 from 911v which was also discussed at length on here, but a lot of that was because it was green :grin:

One more.

And one more.

Attachments

• 993_3jpg_481.jpg
    993_3jpg_481.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 5,705
Welcome on board :thumb:

Sounds like you fit right in :grin: and sounds like you already know that substance is greater than speed :wink:

Brilliant story and welcome to 911uk. May you and your son enjoy the new acquisition!

~ Maxie :thumbs:

PS.
997 COAST said:
Best pathetic response on 911uk to date! :eh!:

Well done and congratulations. Enjoy! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back