Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OCD alert- cleaning side windows

Robertb

Yas Marina
Today's detailing tip for the terminally OCD inclined...

I noticed that a lot of grot gathers on the side windows below the rubber seals, which looks scruffy from the inside when driving. :eek:

To get at it, the door has to be closed or the window drops down and you can't get at the dirty part of the glass. Use a wooden lolly stick inside a wet cloth (which meant I had to eat one of the kids' ice-creams, yay!) and pull the rubber seal away from the glass whilst poking the cloth around to clean the glass. Do a few inches at a time and keep rinsing the cloth out.

Then, wipe the window and wind it down and give the inside of the rubber seal a good clean.

Its a bit fiddly but it looks so much better now and the windows seem quieter too.

Great tip, thanks.

Plus, you have to eat an ice lolly first :)

EGTE said:
Plus, you have to eat an ice lolly first :)

Lolly was the best bit. If press too hard, the stick breaks and you have to eat another one. :D

I achieve similar using neet car shampoo and a toothbrush all the gunk comes out

If you wanted to do it with the door open you can manually close the latch on the door lock and the window pops up to the full up position, then once done lift the door handle and the catch opens and the window goes back to the dropped position!

Mac

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back