Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wet or Dry?

4b4

Nurburgring
What's the general view on how dry the ragtop needs to be before I put the hard top on for winter?

Bone Dry/Dry(ish) or doesn't really matter?

Needs to be bone dry otherwise the moisture will cause the roof material to rot and unwanted smells from mould growth in the car. You need to be absolutely sure the roof folds properly as it will be in this position or the next 4-6 months.

Might be a good idea to put some small bags of dessicant in (that dont interfere with the folding of the roof) to make sure it is moisture free.

Another vote for clean and bone dry. :thumb:

Bone dry. Even at that I guarantee when you open it up, there'll be some moisture on the rear window.

Bone Dry it is then - bl**dy typical we've now had rain after three weeks of dry weather :x

Stuck it on last weekend after 3 days of reasonably "hot/dry" weather and all seems ok.

Memo to self for next year, however, - clean the 1" strip at the bottom of the rear screen hardtop BEFORE you put it on, as it's inaccessible after :eek:

You won't know till you take it off :what:

Bet if you take it off this weekend and put the soft-top up - the window is wet.

I recall in the good old audi tt roadster days, i would pop down to my local paint shop , 5 minutes in their oven and several beer tokens later and fannys your aunt :wink:

Alex - I'm sure you're right, & the "bits" will be damp come spring, but I was referring to the fact that I neglected to dust/clean the bottom inch of the glass on the hardtop before putting it on

4b4 said:
Stuck it on last weekend after 3 days of reasonably "hot/dry" weather and all seems ok.

ok :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back