Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First ride in a Porsche?

david_a

Silverstone
When was yours?

Here's Jessica at <48hrs old after the battery in the big car died in the early hours.

14465378734221-vi.jpg

Lovely pic...

I remember well my first drive home with the Mrs and first born... never, ever has anyone driven more carefully!

Didn't have a Porsche in those days- was into Ferraris, used to regularly take my baby daughter out as she'd sleep in the car. Mrs got an hours peace, I got a nice drive out and brownie points! :thumbs:

1st ride in a Porsche: friends 924 back in 1995.
2nd ride in a Porsche: same friends 944 in 1996.
3rd ride in a Porsche: test driving my 996 February 2014.

First ride was a 996 millenium edition a mate bought.... had all the options, and he really didnt like it in the end as was an auto so got shot of it pretty quickly.

Second ride was a mates boxster at bedford - where he kept losing it on a corner :)

Mine was in my 996T on the way home after buying it....

Test drive? What test drive?

1984 Had my first sit in and drive of a Porsche. Was 22 and it was my girlfriend fathers brand new 944. His mate flew him over to Germany and he drove it back.

Robertb said:
Lovely pic...

I remember well my first drive home with the Mrs and first born... never, ever has anyone driven more carefully!

Thanks - yes never knew the car could be driven so carefully and slowly - massive amounts of paranoia kicked as soon as we pulled out the space! Was only last week and thankfully we're only 5 mins away from the hospital though.

First ride was my mate took my out in his fathers 996T....?About 6-8 years later I bought my own!!

Oz

My mates dads 911. Circa 1986. On our way to his bday party at mcdonalds. Only took me another 29 years to buy my own. :)

1st ride in Porsche was in a 911 Super Sport, I was 16 and one of my bosses customers took me out for a spin in his brand new toy.

2nd ride, was driving a 997 GT3 round MIRA being chased by an aston Martin, 30 years later :D

3rd ride was 1 year later after I bought my 987 Boxster 3.2 S, to satisfy an itch :thumbs:

7c89adf3ad35eb190bf1be3a089f9e12_zpsabv9vr2i.jpg

brings back memories, i guess i was around 8/9 yrs old.
i sat on my grandads lap and steered it up ainsworth rd in bury, as i sat and steered the wood rim steering wheel he put his foot down and the front end raised so much he said it could actually take off and fly.
when i asked if we culd fly he just said , " granma wont be best pleased "
im sure he would be proud to see me in mine now
miss him so

My 993 back in '97

Robertb really made me smile with the brownie point comments, been there and did that also for my son, got to drive and actually got brownie points for doing it :thumb:

1. 911 Cab 1996 last of the air cooled I guess when I was 18 owned by the shamed boxer Prince Naseem but driven by Boxer Ryan Rhodes who was less of a tit :dont know:

2. A customers of mine when I ran a small car valeting business when I was 20. I got to drive it about 200 yards to collect it and take back. Red first of the 996's I think. I was over the moon and was always tempted to take it further and think up an excuse lol. Never did.

3. A 24 hour test drive of the Caymen S when they were released. Did not sleep that night lol.

4. My First Porche was my 2001 Boxster S in 2013. Since then I have had another Boxster a 911 C4 and now my C4S thats to keep. Was like the price from Cinderella trying to find the right fit. Boy does the C4S fit! :thumb:

My uncle was a big car fan. He'd love to see me in my 996. I do miss him :-|

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back