Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full Respray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper

Anyone have any recommendations in the Swindon area for a company to give my 964 a full windows out respray??

Had two quotes so far (one near Reading) ranging upto £10k +vat!!! that seemed to include a lot of "extras".....

cheers!!!

I might well have answered this on the facebook page but I've used smart car uk in swindon for scuffs/stonechips etc. I'm undecided if I would want them to do a full respray for me but I imagine they would be cheaper than 12k and might well do a decent job. Redvers motorhome repairs also just did a decent looking job on a jag mk2 so might be worth talking to. I would also give DH Day in wroughton a ring - not sure they paint but do deal with classic bentley restoration so may well be able to point you in the right direction locally

thanks Rob...

id like to take it to someone who has some experience of 911's...went to a place in Cricklade that quoted £5k +vat, looked like they had done a few before.
Doesnt leave much in the budget for "other bits"!!!

Scamper said:
thanks Rob...

id like to take it to someone who has some experience of 911's...went to a place in Cricklade that quoted £5k +vat, looked like they had done a few before.
Doesnt leave much in the budget for "other bits"!!!

I had a about the same quote, with new rubber insets all round as well.

i know what you mean, smart car have done a solid job on front end respray etc for me for other cars but I don't think I would have the courage to try them out on a full respray without seeing some history on 911's.

My 964 is going to Xquisite Automotive in Leatherhead, Surrey.

They have performed fair few jobs for me on many of my cars over the past 10 years. One of which was a show car which won multiple Best Paint awards and more than 10 1st place AutoGlym concours awards amongst other 1st places. :thumb:
They deal with a range of stuff but I have witnessed the results of Porsches there hence my trust with my own 964 and eventually, my 997 for a front end blow over. I have seen them work on a 964, 944 and 997 turbo so my 964 will be in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back