Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 930 just died!

Dave49

just pulling on to the drive after a pre mot run, my 1989 930 just cut out. Can't restart it, turns over easily but no sign of it firing.
Have tried fiddling with infamous yellow relay, no joy. Have tried bridging terminals 87/87a on said relay, no joy.
Removed over boost switch wire and grounded it, no joy. Having said that it is not too easy to find a suitable grounding point in the engine bay so will try this again.
Advice on the PelicanParts forum suggests that it might be the over speed relay mounted under the driver's seat but I think the euro built 930s don't have this item, I certainly don't have anything under there apart from the seat motors.
Have cleaned and exchanged fuel pump relays, no joy.
Any ideas what I can try next? :?:

Dave49 said:
just pulling on to the drive after a pre mot run, my 1989 930 just cut out. Can't restart it, turns over easily but no sign of it firing.
Have tried fiddling with infamous yellow relay, no joy. Have tried bridging terminals 87/87a on said relay, no joy.
Removed over boost switch wire and grounded it, no joy. Having said that it is not too easy to find a suitable grounding point in the engine bay so will try this again.
Advice on the PelicanParts forum suggests that it might be the over speed relay mounted under the driver's seat but I think the euro built 930s don't have this item, I certainly don't have anything under there apart from the seat motors.
Have cleaned and exchanged fuel pump relays, no joy.
Any ideas what I can try next? :?:

Relay would be on RHD car under passenger seat.

Forgot to say, mine is a left hand drive out of Belgium originally imported in 1996.
Are you saying that you have an over speed relay under your left hand side seat?

Dave49 said:
Forgot to say, mine is a left hand drive out of Belgium originally imported in 1996.
Are you saying that you have an over speed relay under your left hand side seat?

Atleast 964 3.3 turbo has relay under left seat.

No spark or fuel or both?

Start with fuel relay, fuses, fuel pump, spark or not?

On the key, can you hear the fuel pump working?

Also try a Auto Digital Multi meter, to test fuel pump and other fuse and loom.

Never could hear pumps with ignition on. Might try shorting out relay to force them to run

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back