Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunday car cleaning club - post some shiney car pics thread

CarreraMonkey

So I got off my ar$e at 6pm this evening and spent an hour and a half giving the car a clean. Just like hundreds of thousands of middle aged British men trying to escape the wife and kids. :lol:

It finished up looking half decent imo.
IMAG1020_zpszrzmik8p.jpg

IMAG1018_zpswavgx2aq.jpg

IMAG1021_zps74x8w8f2.jpg

So c'mon then, let's see your car cleaning efforts from the weekend.

mines also had a good clean today 8)

with it being black it'll look filthy in about 2 days though :lol:

Bang on LOL 6pm on the drive cleaning the Turbo.......... DAD time!!!!!!!
Didn't take any pics tho.....Dam it. :frustrated:

My efforts from this morning....

My beading skills are many...

Whytar said:

You didn`t cheat with the building in the background did you Whytar :?:

996lee said:
mines also had a good clean today 8

with it being black it'll look filthy in about 2 days though :lol:

Ain't that the truth!

996ttBULLA said:
Bang on LOL 6pm on the drive cleaning the Turbo.......... DAD time!!!!!!!
Didn't take any pics tho.....Dam it. :frustrated:

Amateur! :lol:

Did mine this morning too

kurlykris said:
Whytar said:

You didn`t cheat with the building in the background did you Whytar :?:

No way! They also have a jetwash bay just out of shot which is OK, but served the purpose.

Whytar said:
No way! They also have a jetwash bay just out of shot which is OK, but served the purpose.

Thank God for that, for a moment I thought you had been through the swirl mark generation machine after a rusty old ford Focus :sad:

CarreraMonkey said:
Are you a bit of a detailing fan then?

Strangely, only since I got this car. Hadn't washed a car myself for something like 5 years prior :grin:

That beading was last Monday after it tipped it down on the bank holiday weekend and it's still rocking a relatively old cheap ish wax. I've bought some Dodo Juice Purple Haze - looking forward to those results.

arry said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Are you a bit of a detailing fan then?

Strangely, only since I got this car. Hadn't washed a car myself for something like 5 years prior :grin:

That beading was last Monday after it tipped it down on the bank holiday weekend and it's still rocking a relatively old cheap ish wax. I've bought some Dodo Juice Purple Haze - looking forward to those results.

Same here. I had mine fully detailed with paint correction when I first bought it. However, my wife kindly took it through a car wash back in the winter and it really f3cked the paint up, so it could do with it again really.. :sad:

I clayed it about a month ago, then applied Poorboys black hole, followed by a coat of purple haze. It looked good. If you can, have a look to see if there is a blue glaze you can put on before the wax. They are really good at filling any minor swirls and marks.

Now all I just have to do is give it a good wash and apply Aqua wax afterwards and it comes out quite nice. Aqua wax is my new favourite product.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back