Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

25 years is a long time ;-)

S10lemon

Trainee
Out and about today running some errands I met a man in in a M3.

The nice thing about Yorkshire roads is there are still lots of them that are quite empty so we had a nice time making our way from A to B.

After about 30 mins he arrived at a corner that I would assume he
did not know rather more quickly than he should, having just overtaken me using the amazing acceration that BMW have achieved from these cars.

I had already hit the brakes and was fully expecting to be sticking on the hazards and helping him out of the ditch but no , hard on the brakes arse in the air he turned in and while there was some tyre smoke , round he went.

I love my 64 to bits but if I had done that , I would have been filling out an Insurance form with references with sheep, ramblers, mud and rain

He slowed down after that, I assume he had pooed himself and was trying not to soil the seat

New performance cars are a amazaballs aren't they , shame it's like driving a video game :)

That's ABS, and stability aids helping the useless tw@ out when he ran out of sense and ability. Next time, the M3 owner should leave his ego at home when he goes out for a drive. Too many pillocks like that own M3's, one reason why I've never had one,great cars that they are. Nice to see that he had to do something silly to get past a 25 year old 911. However old, a 911 will always be a 911, take a 911 on ,and be prepared to have to work to get past,if at all. :D

I had an E30 M3 back in early 90's and covered a lot of alp-like mountain miles in it - amazing corner stability. Admittedly I haven't driven my 964 like that and 20 year gap between owning the two is hardly a scientific yardstick not too mention age but I suspect it could take on a 964 at corners.

Of course 911 has come a long way too and my widebody RWD 991 would probably get the upper hand on any M3 alas in a synthetic way as is the case with new M3's.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back