Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

who has oldest 996 on here ?

demondesign

Trainee
mine was registered in 30/03/1998 so guessing reasonably early one. Got me thinking who has the oldest one one here ?

Interesting, I was wondering the same thing.

You're winning so far; Yours is two weeks older than mine.

I was bored recently, and decided to check a few out from various classified ads. The oldest one I could find was registered in December 1997. I only found two other cars that were older than mine.

Matt glad it's no just me that's thought this

Wasz I don't know , I just went by registered date on v5 . Mines a cable one also

There were a total of 14 MY1997 (V) cars built worldwide. For what it's worth, mine I s a 30/09/98 vintage ;)

Wonder if there is a way to see off the plate the build date or if there's a list somewhere of them

Mine is also W.. Date of first registration 20 03 1998......

My Certificate of Authenticity says production completion date 09.03.1998...

It shows model year/type, engine number/type, production completion date, transmission number/type, date of registration, selling porsche centre, exterior paint colour/code, interior material/colours, optional equipment ( traction control, painted instrument dials, soft ruffled leather,etc), vin number.....

If you join the Porsche club GB you can get one for free. Otherwise you can pay for it separately directly through Porsche.

I joined the club this year and got mine for free.

If you join the Porsche club GB you can get one for free. Otherwise you can pay for it separately directly through Porsche.

I joined the club this year and got mine for free.

Mine was first reg on 7th Jan 1998 so could have been built late 1997.

I don't have a certificate

Is there another way to find out the build date?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back