Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Agreed valuation - who to do?!

acme

Sao Paulo
Firstly apologies as I know these are becoming generally loathed threads.....

With prices seemingly climbing ever more rapidly it seems the every two year process of getting the car re-valued now needs to be bi-annually!

So, having withdrawn my membership of PCGB and my indy being unable/unwilling to do can anyone recommend how you now go about this?

Cheers

acme said:

With prices seemingly climbing ever more rapidly it seems the every two year process of getting the car re-valued now needs to be bi-annually!

So, having withdrawn my membership of PCGB and my indy being unable/unwilling to do can anyone recommend how you now go about this?

Cheers

Will your insurer/broker do it for you? Classicline just did mine for me.

acme said:

Use a different indy :roll: Why is he unwilling/unable to help?

porschevaluations.com

John did mine a few weeks ago- good service, quick turnaround.

I can always offer a value :grin: which my 'glass overflowing' chum jonttt will counter and then take a mean average of the two figures :thumb:

I would suggest that prices are stabilising and inflated value cars are not selling or dealers are using 'smoke and mirrors' shifting them through the trade. Interesting thread on PH regarding the Porsche values debate :floor:

Lots of debate about 'agreed' and 'market' value and which one is better. The former is capped to what you value it at (and not a penny more), the latter applies conditons at the time.

+1 for Classicline - 6 photos, a copy of the V5 and a short form, and they turned mine around quickly.

I think Peter Morgan also offers valuations (remotely) as well as inspections.

Also I think some OPCs will do it (I spoke to one of the salesmen at OPC Bournemouth last year and this was one of his jobs).

rottenbend said:
acme said:

Cheers

Will your insurer/broker do it for you? Classicline just did mine for me.

Thanks RB, you've reminded me that CL can do this, it use to be 20k but seems to be 100 now, so plenty for a NB with over 100k miles!

So, and double apologies for this what's it worth......(he ducks for cover);

VR, NB, manual, hardbacks, 102k miles, polar/midnight, AC, new MO33/FSD's, HID's, RSR's & stacks of bills, mainly since I bought it, oh & a widget?!?!

Zingers, thanks for the kind offer but I'll pass :grin:

Sounds very similar to mine, though mine is a non-VR 1995 in Aventura and has hollow spokes. Otherwise basically the same.

Based on where Classicline valued mine in June I would say c.£40k.

I will now duck too...

Picking up on a comment Zingari made, I note there's three NB's for sale at the mo ranging from 45-54, none have sold, are things coming off the boil?

Frankly I hope so, then proper enthusiasts who use these cars as cars, not treasures can get into them, & I don't have to keep re-valuing it!

olivers said:
Sounds very similar to mine, though mine is a non-VR 1995 in Aventura and has hollow spokes. Otherwise basically the same.

I will now duck too...

You'd be surprised at the values quoted. My cab was valued by PCGB 14months ago at £28k with 48k on it. Just had it revalued by same guy at PCGB now with 51k on it...... £45k :eek:

It isn't worth this IMO (I thought £35k ish). Market is bonkers ATM

+1 for classicline - very helpful

£20 fee, 6 pictures and a form.......although a 996, agreed value of £50k

very happy

oh and sorry forgot to mention....ALL modifications, performance etc declared....very happy btw

graemeho said:
olivers said:

I will now duck too...

You'd be surprised at the values quoted. My cab was valued by PCGB 14months ago at £28k with 48k on it. Just had it revalued by same guy at PCGB now with 51k on it...... £45k :eek:

It isn't worth this IMO (I thought £35k ish). Market is bonkers ATM

That's quite a difference!

In my case, the value was agreed at what I paid for the car, which was high 30s, so it was quasi objective unless of course the market is inflated.

The way I see it, it was the model I wanted in the spec I wanted and it's really well sorted, so I'm happy. I have no desire to sell it (ever, if I get my way), but if I needed to I figure it will have been a better buy than the 997.2s I was also looking at.

FRP said:
oh and sorry forgot to mention....ALL modifications, performance etc declared....very happy btw

I was also pleasantly surprised on this front. Mine doesn't have any really major mods, but it has quite a lot of them. I declared everything and as far as I could tell it made no difference to the (very reasonable) premium.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back