Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I won't be advertising on PH again.

Kimbo

Paul Ricard
Along with abusive texts from the knuckle-dragging chancers and low rent dealers that PistonHeads seems to attract was another email replying to my 993 Targa Advert that I thought you might enjoy. I can't be doing with them again.

Are you sure it wasn't one of those 911 UK forumites havin a bubble wiv ya?

Kim, I share your pain having advertised on there on a number of occasions, the level of real interest you seem to get is now at an all time low, its may be a by-product of increasing values that everyone wants to buy cheaply so they make an initial low ball offer, that just sets the tone for all further E mails, its depressing but that seems to be the way the world is these days.

If you actually look at the number of cars for sale against the number that are actually changing hands it does make you wonder what the real values are.

Taking your car its a good example at a sensible price so why on earth has it not sold, doesn't make much sense.

Good luck with the sale.

Seems normal to me, Kimbo!

~ Maxie :D

Can you raise it with the PH Mods? Perhaps get him a forum ban?

Sadly, this sort of reply is symbolic of the state of the nation . . . this country is going to hell in a handcart.

wilpert said:

I'd like to have thought so, but he wasn't the only one unfortunately. I enclosed this one because it had a reference to 911UK.

Also at the bottom of my ad I had written:

"Hendon Way Motors - don't bother phoning, I'm not interested."

Yesterday I received a call from Hendon Way Motors asking what my lowest price was.

Wow off topic a bit, I got one like that from a camera company JOO****.

I bought a car camera, told them I moved house updated on there system.

They sent it to my old address, said it was my mistake.

Case closed no camera no refund, took over thirty emails court case pending.

They sent me my refund after nine months.

One reply was you blank blank from the customer care team.

Was there any need to be so rude?

Kimbo said:
wilpert said:

I'd like to have thought so, but he wasn't the only one unfortunately. I enclosed this one because it had a reference to 911UK.

Also at the bottom of my ad I had written:

"Hendon Way Motors - don't bother phoning, I'm not interested."

Yesterday I received a call from Hendon Way Motors asking what my lowest price was.

They aggravate me, who would advertise a car and not put a price, it's all a bit weird?

So have you removed the ad now or is it still running?

Yes I've removed the ad. I won't be advertising on there again. I wonder what sort of emails and texts people with expensive cars receive. Death threats probably if mine are anything to go by.

I posted a few times on there but the general attitude is abuse is normal. When I mentioned that people were quite rude I was told 'That's how it is now, if you don't like it don't use the Internet'.

my T70 is still on there although sold, i have had a few phishing emails offering to buy the "item" and ship it to places but no real issues tbh. had a few genuine enquiries and one from Canada. some divs about though no doubt!

It could be one of those who got some treatment from our forum trying to sell a number plate :lol:

Have you tried carandclassic.co.uk? I have had good results from there in the past.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back