Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice please

Stickertone

Hi guys, I'm new to the 911 scene, and have a couple of niggles with my 2001 carrera 4.any advice is welcome....
The comfort light above the interior mirror is permanently on, so I have removed the bulb, what would cause this? Is there another way round it???

The drivers window doesn't go all the way down, it stops with about an inch or so of class showing, I can't see any obstructions with the door panel off, it operates fine apart from not going down flush

Anyone come across these problems before .? Thanks in advance

Has the window motor mech been recently changed? As have had a similar issue when the wrong one is fitted... :?:

I have no idea, I've only owned the car 6 weeks, and it was like this when I bought it, there isn't a receipt for any thing in the service history...

I have no idea, I've only owned the car 6 weeks, and it was like this when I bought it, there isn't a receipt for any thing in the service history...

Sounds like a doorhandle / microswitch problem to me, as though the door isn`t registering as closed, interior light staying on, and window regulator needs re-teaching to find it`s upper and lower positions, as per the handbook :?:

Check the door handles on both sides of the car have been pushed back in flat when the door is closed.

Sounds silly but I had this with the interior light. It had me scratching my head until I walked round to the passenger side of the car and saw that even though the door was shut, the door handle hadn't clicked back fully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back