Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK, Sports Chrono Plus and the Steering Wheel Display.

michelin

Indianapolis
I've been searching for cars with the above specification assisted by the relevant brochure.
As per the brochure, if you opt for PDK and Sports Chrono Plus then this dictates that you get the PDK Display just above the airbag which indicates Sports, SPorts Plus or Launch mode.
Why is it some cars do not have this display when they clearly have PDK and SCP?
:thumb:

Because, like my old car, the steering wheel with lights wasn't available at first, so you got a wheel with no lights at all. :)

Ahhhhh thanks Ekona.
I've been wondering about this for ages!
So although you got a Gen 2 you have the first variant of PDK steering wheel without the 'PDK' banner above the airbag?
So, how do you know when sports plus and or launch is activated?

It will appear briefly in the central display when you switch modes, and the leds are lit on the buttons. Not sure about a visual cue for launch control (been a while) but you do get a confirmation beep to let you know it is activated so you don't need to take your eyes off the road... :eek: :drive: :grin:

Cheers guys.
The amount of 2009 Gen 2's without the PDK display bar is huge!
Presently looking at the Gen 2 Cabriolet, what a piece of machinery!

I never notice mine when its on.... tbh if you have time to look down while driving in sports mode you shouldn't be in sports mode lol...

Plus the earliest versions of the .2 car didn't support it...
Mine doesn't have it although I have PDK and Sport plus

Last month I took the car in to change to the Sport design wheel and the Porsche dealer fitted the wheel including the lights in the steering wheel - no joy despite programming in PIWIS. Had to put the old one back on.

I will get them to order the other one without lights when I gat back to the UK....

Launch control - yes it displays in in the LCD screen as well when you go for it.

mid 2010 the PDK MFSW gained the bar in the centre above the air back with the PDK writing in it

the Sports design / paddle shift steering wheel never had the band above the air bag but had the sports and sports plus illuminated in the spokes

if your looking for a car with chrono/ sports plus and paddles then all of mine have it or will have it fitted for you

Search over ?
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=6143
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=6345

michelin said:
Cheers guys.
The amount of 2009 Gen 2's without the PDK display bar is huge!
Presently looking at the Gen 2 Cabriolet, what a piece of machinery!

My 2010 Carrera doesn't have it either.

I've just bought a SD Steering Wheel from Byfleet and it's currently on the way from Germany. I actually hope mine doesn't have the display. IMO it looks better without it.

The Sport Design steering wheel for PDK comes in 2 versions
With and without the sport and sport plus illumination in the spokes
If your car has Sports Chrono or Sports Plus the OPC will have ordered a steering wheel with the illumination

Hi Mark
My search is continuing albeit slowly. I still need to sell mine.
Price is a keen factor, £35-40k.
Cheers

mark pearce said:
mid 2010 the PDK MFSW gained the bar in the centre above the air back with the PDK writing in it

the Sports design / paddle shift steering wheel never had the band above the air bag but had the sports and sports plus illuminated in the spokes

if your looking for a car with chrono/ sports plus and paddles then all of mine have it or will have it fitted for you

Search over ?
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=6143
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=6120

I'm not that bothered about having the paddle option. PDK and Sports Chrono are my main preferences.
I do always keep your site in mind though Mark :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back