Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Great tip for finding a mechanic 😀

askgeez

Albert Park
My 997 was poorly last Friday evening, and being a bank holiday weekend,
a few local garages were closed. With a certain degree of desperation I googled ...

Came up with this site, that I hadn't previously heard of

https://www.whocanfixmycar.com/

So you put your reg in, location and description of work required, then garages / mechanics bid for work !

Two different people came back to me, and Bloke came to my house last night to replace 5 coils and plugs (I did the easy one myself :floor: )

£110 labour , which for over 2 hours work seemed reasonable to me

I don't know what rules are here about advertising non sponsors, so PM me if you want his name . He is ex OPC East London, ex BMW plus a few others

I would use one of the recommended garages on here for servicing or bigger jobs, but for small repairs , Oil change , maybe brake pads...

askgeez said:
My 997 was poorly last Friday evening, and being a bank holiday weekend,
a few local garages were closed. With a certain degree of desperation I googled ...

Came up with this site, that I hadn't previously heard of

https://www.whocanfixmycar.com/

So you put your reg in, location and description of work required, then garages / mechanics bid for work !

Two different people came back to me, and Bloke came to my house last night to replace 5 coils and plugs (I did the easy one myself :floor: )

£110 labour , which for over 2 hours work seemed reasonable to me

I don't know what rules are here about advertising non sponsors, so PM me if you want his name . He is ex OPC East London, ex BMW plus a few others

I would use one of the recommended garages on here for servicing or bigger jobs, but for small repairs , Oil change , maybe brake pads...

I've just signed up to the site, looking for someone to fit new brakes and discs. Can you say the guys name?

I've used this site previously for a fairly rare vehicle, the other option was trailer it some where to do the work, turns out the bloke who tipped up one Sunday morning had been part of the works rally team and had helped develop the engines whilst working as a Master Tech in Germany in the 80's

Within 5 mins of him being there he had it running, by the time he'd left it was running better than ever, very useful as he also had access to parts that were not available through any other means, there are some really good guys out there, just like any other trade builders use this trusted trader site that rates them which can be really useful for people who don't know who's going to potentially turn up at their door.

Definitely worth a phone call for the smaller jobs, it will save time and fuel money for a start plus it helps these guys get established.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back