Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thank you, but not goodbye

tmilligan

Barcelona
As some have guessed, my 993 4S went off to 911 Virgin a little while back to be sold. It is now with its new owner who I hope, and am sure, will be very pleased.

In some respects it was a terrible shame to sell the car. I had owned it for 11 of the 18 years since it was built, and at some points imagined I would keep it forever.

On the other hand, this was the third year in a row that I took it to be serviced, realising it had pretty much not been used since the previous year's service. The car lived in the City of London, which is no place to drive it, and my weekends consist of either a 200 mile round trip to the Cotswolds, or a 150 mile round trip, plus ferry, to the Isle of Wight, neither of which really suited the car.

As such, I felt it really was time someone else got to enjoy it and hopefully use it a little more. One day I will not be living in central London, and I will have a heated garage, and I will have days off - and then I am sure I will have another 993. Until that day, the search for something fun, but motorway-mile friendly, is underway.

Thank you for the countless bits of advice, fun and friends on here and I shall continue to poke my nose in - 993 knowledge doesn't leave you!

:bye:

All the best Tom
Keep us all posted on the search for something fun :thumb: :bye:

Can't argue with that logic.

All the best with the search for something usable and fun 8)

Au revoir Tom, all the best :thumbs: :bye:

My old girl will be on the market in the next couple of years ....... But it has been ragged rotten ..... ;-)

It was the right decision Tom and I dare say Zingari will give you the thumbs on your timing ...... :)

All the best, I remember you mentioning this sometime ago. Must have been a hard decision to make but now its done I doubt you will ever look back. If you do it will be fondly not with regret. :thumb:

Hopefully the car has gone to someone who will cherish it and enjoy it to the full.

Hi Tom,

I think you sent me a pm asking if I wished to buy your car a few weeks ago, I'm sorry I never replied my pesky nephew deleted the message before I had chance to read it and reply.

Anyway good luck with whatever you choose to replace it .

madalaa said:
My old girl will be on the market in the next couple of years .......

What's next :?: :thumb:

Nimrod said:
Hi Tom,

I think you sent me a pm asking if I wished to buy your car a few weeks ago, I'm sorry I never replied my pesky nephew deleted the message before I had chance to read it and reply.

Anyway good luck with whatever you choose to replace it .

Ah yes I did, probably 3 months ago. Did you buy another 4S?

Cheers chaps. I think it was the right decision. I couldn't see it sitting unused for another year!

Current thinking is a 987 Boxster to run into the ground...!

madalaa said:
It was the right decision Tom and I dare say Zingari will give you the thumbs on your timing ...... :)

Can't argue the timing - about perfect :thumb: Logical decision too against storage in a carcoon for a few years which I dont see the point :what:

Good luck chum. If you can cope with the size Merc E Class diesel would be my choice for a motorway mile muncher

Zingari said:
madalaa said:

Can't argue the timing - about perfect :thumb: Logical decision too against storage in a carcoon for a few years which I dont see the point :what:

Good luck chum. If you can cope with the size Merc E Class diesel would be my choice for a motorway mile muncher

No idea on the timing other than it was the right time for me...!

I have a c class merc estate which gobbles the miles but having driven a golf for 10 years I find it too big around London ! Think I'm about to buy a scruffy 987 boxster for now...

Well, I've got myself a motorway munching banger...

First journey out, it took a swipe from a Prius minicab attempting to do a three point turn whilst I was sitting stationary in the usual London traffic. Great start - but good job it wasn't the 993!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back