Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best mod for under £100

baddabing

Silverstone
Not sure whether we've had a this thread on the 996 forum before, seemed to be quite good on the 993 forum IIRC, and whatever they can do I'm sure we can do better :thumbs:
Would be good not just to have suggestions but also some links/fitting tips/pitfalls etc etc
(and anyway, it's either this or another thread on prices...)

So, I'm going to kick off with...

1) PIAA wipers - far and away the best wiper out there. If you don't have them you'll probably be thinking the new set of Bosch one's from Halfords are just fine thanks (and you'd be wrong). If you do have them, you'll know what I mean! Around £20 each, but well worth it.

You'll need 22" all round, super sporza for the drivers side and rear and curved for the passenger's side.
Here's a link: http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipershow.asp?make=PORSCHE&model=911+[996+Series]&year=03%2F96-03%2F04

Even better is just to get the replacement inserts so you can keep the OE frames (though the PIAA frames are pretty good quality). Give the above distributor a call (they're based near Bristol) or a Google search reveals several UK stockists. There seemed to be a UK shortage a few months ago after a warehouse fire but I still managed to find a set.

What's next?

SoundFly - Plays my MP3s from SD Card or USB stick. Quality is good
£30(ish)
satechi_zpstzpszezz.jpg

It even sends RDS info to the radio for track info

Best cheap mods for me are £25 for mesh and cable ties to protect the front rads plus a £8.99 for a flame beater fire extinguisher which mounts under the drivers seat on the oem mounts

baddabing said:
So, I'm going to kick off with...

1) PIAA wipers - far and away the best wiper out there. If you don't have them you'll probably be thinking the new set of Bosch one's from Halfords are just fine thanks (and you'd be wrong). If you do have them, you'll know what I mean! Around £20 each, but well worth it.

You'll need 22" all round, super sporza for the drivers side and rear and curved for the passenger's side.
Here's a link: http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipershow.asp?make=PORSCHE&model=911+[996+Series]&year=03%2F96-03%2F04

Even better is just to get the replacement inserts so you can keep the OE frames (though the PIAA frames are pretty good quality)...

Been there, done that. The PIAA driver's side frame broke and put metal directly onto the screen. Fortunately, saw and heard it, so no damage done.

Put new Bosch back on. On a clean screen, they work well enough and, unlike the PIAA, apparently, don't split if frosted to the screen.

Have kept the rear PIAA, however, which works very well.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Underdrive pulley.

I second that. Best BHP for buck there is.

wibbaboo said:
SoundFly - Plays my MP3s from SD Card or USB stick. Quality is good
£30(ish)
satechi_zpstzpszezz.jpg

It even sends RDS info to the radio for track info
Thanks for the heads up!
Although I didn't buy the Soundfly, don't like the idea of it hogging the lighter socket all the time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back