Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why have one birds nest when you can have the full flock

Zingari

Now big Steve at DVB has been trying to sell this on ebay for what seems like years but why not go the whole hog and have the full flock of sparrows:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-pors...6-000-MILES-/161807614820?hash=item25ac7c4364

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

:thumb: :grin:

I was thinking of starting something similar. I've got an urge to start collecting failed IMS bearings, they're becoming rarer than Hen's teeth.

I've probably just jinxed myself and mine will fail halfway to the French Riviera next week :duh:

That motor looks like a project an 'arth!

It wouldn't surprise me if it reaches £20k. Cant really assess from the pics but outsourcing the work could be £5k-£8k with an easy resale of c£30k

The birds nest on the other hand, it's done its dough at 10p :hand:

Zingari said:
It wouldn't surprise me if it reaches £20k. Cant really assess from the pics but outsourcing the work could be £5k-£8k with an easy resale of c£30k

PM me the details of your bodywork guy please? I think I'll be setting up in the resto business come Monday.... :grin:

(Z, you do the the calendar year begins with a '2'...........? :wink: )

^^^ I know the business chum and I'm going off what I could get it done for assuming as listed the rust is 'just' in the usual places (with no mechanical issues) I could easily get it turned round for £8k :grin:

Zingari said:
^^^ I know the business chum and I'm going off what I could get it done for assuming as listed the rust is 'just' in the usual places (with no mechanical issues) I could easily get it turned round for £8k :grin:

If you can then I'll happily take that contact :thumb:

T-Cut and a bit of elbow grease and it'll come up a treat.

I think a bit of snow foam and the 2 bucket method first though ...😆😆😆

911TEL said:
I think a bit of snow foam and the 2 bucket method first though ...😆😆😆
I think we might have to invent a three bucket method for this one. It suprises me that it is called the 'two bucket method' as if there is somehow a magical way to do it with one ?
WRT the bodyshop. I had a ton of work done on my SL including cutting in new rear arch, rear valence and bumper, various minor details. Total was about £1200. Scruffy looking backstreet garage with no overheads but pride in their work.

MC

Chaps, I'm no mechanical expert and never pretend to be. But reading the description and especially:

'Car will obviously need paint, and it would make sense to do a full respray although you could certainly get away with much less.'

So I'm estimating on needing the full respray.

But sure, if the bodywork was only repaired with localised paint and if the rust was as non invasisve as described. And if only mop and polish job is needed on the rest. And if all the trim is in decent nick. And mechanicals aren't too bad. And if you're using a low cost repair shop with the required skills then, sure, £8k is possible. :dont know:

Lots of 'ifs' but possible :thumb:

Our housekeeper tells me Toilet Duck Fresh Meadow gets rid of markings from a flock of sparrows :dont know:

Does it have working air con? That's the deal breaker :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back