Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Evo Tyre Test

declandio

Michelin didn't do very well... I know lots of people that swear by them... although, they don't seem to have tested the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Test car was a VW Golf, so maybe not a particularly representative/relevant test to people on here?

My personal favorites are Eagle F1's, glad to see they came out well.

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/16545/evo-tyre-test-2015

1 Continental (ContiSportContact 5) 96.3
2 Yokohama (Advan Sport V105) 96.2
3 Pirelli (P Zero) 95.9
4 Goodyear (Eage F1 Asymmetric 2) 95.5
5 Vredestein (Ultrac Vorti) 94.9
6 Dunlop (Sport Maxx RT) 94.2
7 Hankook (S1 Evo 2) 93.3
8 Michelin (Pilot Sport 3) 92.9
9 Bridgestone (Potenza RE002) 92.3
10 Toyo (Proxes T1 Sport ) 86.3

I changed my Conti Sport Contact 3's to Michelins a while ago and went back to Conti's again, nothing in it IMHO, I'm running Conti Sport Contact 4 at the moment and I think they are great tyres, so I'm not surprised at that list.

infrasilver said:
I changed my Conti Sport Contact 3's to Michelins a while ago and went back to Conti's again, nothing in it IMHO, I'm running Conti Sport Contact 4 at the moment and I think they are great tyres, so I'm not surprised at that list.

Which Michelins did you try?

declandio said:
infrasilver said:

Which Michelins did you try?

Pilot Sports but I'm not sure which, I still have the fronts in my shed so I can find out if required.

i wont have anything other than P zero on my cars, just a preference.

bazar, all my posts are doubling up ??

Great tyres Conti's, will always buy them when possible, plus the other advantage is they have great longevity also... :thumb:

Super in the wet as well !

I think the fact that the Vredestein came out above the Michelin says a lot for the validity of this test.
Not sure there will be an army of people rushing out to replace their PS's with them...

I bought Conti 5's for the rear a few weeks ago after the reading the 2014 Evo test which they also won (plus a few other european tests).

In tests that Ive seen MPSS entered into, they do seem to be right up there with the Conti 5 but the differentiator being that the conti's are better in the wet.

I'll be popping them on the front too when they run out.

tyres are so different size to size and there is something different in the N rated rubbers, I did this years ago after having a good Goodyear Eagle experience on my Audi, stuck them on the 911 and they were just plain average and got stuck with them for a year, best upgrade was getting rid of them, still they always worked on the audi

s2000db said:
Great tyres Conti's, will always buy them when possible, plus the other advantage is they have great longevity also... :thumb:

I can't seem to find Contis N rated in 305/30 19, which is the tyre size on your Turbo S isn't it?

medicus said:

I used to use P zeros on cars before coming back into the Porsche fold and would have continued given they are A-rated for wet driving and Porsche factory fit them a hell of a lot, plus they look great on the car! BUT, they seem to really divide opinion, they seem to get a bad rap on this forum, followed by Bridgestone, whereas Michelin and Contis seem to be liked.

Are these premium brands really that different :?: Apart from when I changed from an old set of Pzero Rossos to a new set of PS2s, I confess that I haven't truly been able to tell the difference. The car I have now has Bridgestones and they seem just the same as the PS2s I had before :dont know:

MJA911 said:
s2000db said:

I can't seem to find Contis N rated in 305/30 19, which is the tyre size on your Turbo S isn't it?

You can't get them n-rated. If you want the latest rubber on the older cars then you need to move on from n-rating. Same with MPSS. Though presumably n-rated tyres are still 'commissioned' in various sizes for 991 etc.

If you stick with older n rated stuff then mps2 are widely regarded as the best.

I have also seen the Uniroyal rain sport 3 come in a 305 30 19 102y

SO many decent reviews , though on other cars.

Significantly cheaper than MPSS ,Appreciate they are not N rated

Anyone tried them?

Master_Betty said:
MJA911 said:
s2000db said:

You can't get them n-rated. If you want the latest rubber on the older cars then you need to move on from n-rating. Same with MPSS. Though presumably n-rated tyres are still 'commissioned' in various sizes for 991 etc.

If you stick with older n rated stuff then mps2 are widely regarded as the best.

Actually the car came with Bridgestones fitted, and they're still going strong with 12k miles... If Conti's aren't available I'll happily fit the same again as they seem pretty good!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back