Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ion Bluetooth cassette

And some more detail. It's good. For the money it works great. If your phone volume is too low you'll sometimes get 'alternator whine'. And 3-4 hours Max and it'll need a charge. But that's it. I've had mine a while no and its let me put off the PCM replacement job a little longer :grin:

Not sure if I was unlucky but the one I bought worked for a couple of hours and then died!

As I was off on a road trip and time was tight, I bought this instead:

http://www.c1.halfords.com/technology/connectivity/phone-tablet-accessories/belkin-cassette-adapter

The cable is narrow so I was able to feed it through the housing quite neatly and it's black so blends in quite well.

Sound is pretty good but to be honest, I only turn the stereo on at low speed as it's all a bit noisy, especially with the roof down.

Acceptable compromise and much cheaper than replacing the stereo which I will do at some point.

Off topic, but my 12 yr old saw a cassette the other day and said "what does that do?"

I explained the joy of making mix tapes, recording the charts etc, and she looked at me like I was some kind of loon.

tempers said:
Not sure if I was unlucky but the one I bought worked for a couple of hours and then died!

Think you might be an unlucky one. I've had mine about 8 months now and no issues :dont know:

Can't you take it back for a refund or exchange? :?:

I should have done really but I bought it off e Bay and kind of ran out of time in the end. C'est la vie!

I went for the 'plug straight into the cigarette lighter' option. Has a remote control, never needs recharging and has a micro sd slot so I don't need music on my phone.

Cost under a fiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back