Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Left Hand Drive C2 Manual Verses RHDrive

Griff500

As above, I've only driven a nice right hand drive C2 manual ( which I almost bought, but I just couldn't live with the color combo, particularly the interior ) but I havnt driven a LHDrive one yet.
I must admit that my preference is for a left hand drive one ( which my SC was, as most cars designed as left hand drive generally are the nicer drive.
Plus they are £ / Euros cheaper.

Your thoughts ?

I drive a lhd 3.2 and also had a rhd 964 as it's stablemate.
The pedal offset on the 964 created all kinds of discomfort for me, none of these exist on the 3.2.
I understand the centreline of the 964 seat is unable to be matched with the centreline of the pedals, hence the pedal offset.
Not sure if any other models have a similar issue.
Any pre-purchase test drives would have to be long enough to assess ergnomic fatigue to be worthwhile.
My experience with a rhd 968 clubsport did not have any issues but those Pole Position seats are bloomimg fantastic.
Cheers, Keith (J).

Offset

Whilst I'm not one generally for getting Aches in cars , I find after some time in my rhd993 that my throttle leg/ hip does ache somewhat ! Usually when I've been holding a steady throttle position for long periods( autoroutes etc) it makes me wish I had cruise sometimes, And it's not something that I've noticed when driving my lhd993 ? So you could be onto something I feel .
Christian......

Correct and if you can live with LHD no pedal offset. Long journeys I get right leg issues with RHD :what:

For UK you then need one of those poles that picks up litter so you can collect tickets and pay for toll booths if you have LHD :grin:

LHD every time for air cooled 911 :)

Both my 2.4S and 964 C2 are LHD ... As God intended ;) These days a rhd air cooled 911 just feels wrong to me .

Had a RHD 993 with hardback seats and my knees used to ache pretty bad after a bit of time behind the wheel . I will admit my mates rhd 1973 2.4e doesn't t feel as uncomfortable as my 993 did

Thanks guys, some very interesting replies ! And Recaro Pole Positions....I have a very strong desire for a pair for my E46M3 ( if I keep it that is ) to replace the std electrickery / boat anchors BMW daftly chose to fit!

I had a 69 Stingray and loved that, Lhd wasnt a problem, just its size !

By going for a Lhd 964, it shouldn't have the rot issues that a UK RHD one will have as well as being £ cheaper, but I appreciate that to many, it Just has to be a Rhd !!

Agree RDH 964 is very odd - even more so if you are 6'4". Never driven a LHD 964 but my 3.2 is a leftie and is very easy to drive in UK roads - also handy for the odd euro trip or alps thrashing.

I am in the South so if the OP fancies a go in the LHD then I can help :thumbs:

My view left hand drive every day - as God intended.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back