Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yet another, this time not a GT2??

Very, very suss... Notice how he dodged the question about service history?

And who sells a car like that with that kind of description?

Bargepole time!

The truth is you don't know and will never know if it's an honest car or not without viewing it.

I've seen fantastic descriptions for dogs too.

Even if it's only what you see, it has had a huge amount spent on it. If done with original parts there would be no change out of 6k for the front alone.

Darren.

Agreed it's had a lot spent on it (and sometimes you can find diamonds in the rough) - but that raises the next question - why slap it on eBay with no reserve and not bother with a description? Unless you want to get rid quick and the car can't be sold another way...

My guess: Originally a CAT D picked up cheap. Gone through a couple of owners. One of them buys it, tunes it, GT2s it. Sells it. Now our current owner has it (he defo didn't do the work) but knows that this tuned engine is about to go bang. So there's no history, car is a time bomb - slap it on eBay and it goes for what it goes for to someone who thinks they're buying a GT2. Tell me I'm wrong... :wink:

I would go view it! If they have a GT2RS to the chances are they have the money to have really looked after it! Might just be rubbish at making adverts, mileage is higher but still might be worth a look.

:lol: at the guy who asked this "Hi I am interested, but would you accept this is not a GT2? just a 911 turbo"

What's the point in asking that? How strange....

I thought it was a fair question.. Based on the ad it's not easy to tell what we are looking at?

Crashed GT2 and re-shelled using a turbo? Or is it a Turbo with GT2 body kit and 4wd removed??

:?:

"...gt2 in every aspect except on v5. "

Erm and it doesn't have a GT2 interior.

Most definitely a Turbo with GT2 parts. Most likely disconnected the 4WD system. Would never do this personally. Also has a sunroof, did trhe GT2 have that option?

High mileage, wouldn't buy it with those miles anyway.

isysman said:
"...gt2 in every aspect except on v5. "

Therefore not a GT2, you can bolt as many Gt2 parts as you like to a turbo but it will never make it at GT2.

As mentioned previously, he needs to learn how to spell...!!

Have the mods actually devalued a what could be a nice turbo ?

Will be interesting to see what it goes for :?:

Lawsy911 said:

My apologies

No apology required, we are all indirectly saying the same thing. Car is a Turbo, Simples :nooo:
Cunno said:
Lawsy911 said:

My apologies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back