Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Views sought on Warranty Purchase

Mr Pub

The warranty that came with my car purchase is due to expire.

I got a quote from Warrantywise and just wondered what peoples views on this company and any other suppliers are?

I am due to go to Paragon tomorrow for an MOT so may also get a quote from them.

My question would be - Is it worth having?

I tend not to be keen on Insurance which a warranty really is.

Appreciate you comments good bad or indifferent.

Cheers

Chris

Not had any other warranties other than OPC which was well worth it.

Was it an OPC warranty that you had?

If yes, I don't think it would been valid with the remap and after market exhaust.

No - I didn't buy it from OPC and it only came with an aftermarket warranty

No OPC warranty

Why Paragon? ........ when Precision Porsche are just down the road ........ maybe you have unlimited funds to waste ......... :dont know:

The warranty company who are selling it you think they are going to make a huge profit on the deal.

You know your car better than them.

Need I say more?

I had a Warrantywise warranty on my previous Cayman, I paid the extra on got the singing and dancing one, I think it was platinum cover.
When I claimed for a replacement fan, as soon as they saw it was platinum policy, they said yep get it done, sort of fast tracked me, no quibble.

Thanks for your comments :thumbs: I will probably stay with no warranty and gamble

madalaa said:
Why Paragon? ........ when Precision Porsche are just down the road ........ maybe you have unlimited funds to waste ......... :dont know:

I like the guys in Paragon - bought my 996 off them. Nice and handy.

I bought my Turbo just over a year ago privately without any warranty or anything. The way I looked at it was that if i had the bollocks to buy and then modify a £120K super car, then i'd best have the bollocks to sort it myself if it went wrong... so far i'm about £2.5k in.. on the bills... as for the modds :grin:
As someone else mentioned, you knows your car better than any. Think positive :thumb:

I would not bother personally - I know some on here are keen.

Often there is a repair route which costs far less than the cost of the warranty but it is an Insurance gamble and not everybody is comfortable with that.

I always thought warranties and the likes are more hassle than they're worth and as Chris says, there is often a cheaper repair route.
If I ever had to take my car to an OPC it would be a right pain in the arse for me. Much easier to bob it down to the bloke down the road or do it myself.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back