Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IPD Plenum...?? Anyone tried one on a Turbo??

Lawsy911

Monza
Guys, hoping to get a few opinions on the IPD plenum. Ideally on a Turbo, but any experience or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

As long as its fitted properly its a decent mod i.e. 82mm with GT3 throttle body and their high flow y pipe. Easiest and most cost effective 20 bhp you'll find. Mine slipped off a few times but its been okay since I took my time and reattached it. :thumb:

Pretty sure that 9e did a fairly substantial test of these on one of their cars. Think the results were positive but can;t remember now.
Drop Ken a line and ask.

We did do an independent test before becoming a dealer with them.

FYI on n/a cars you gain only around 8-9hp/tq nm instead of the quoted 20hp, but you gain it across the entire curve, so in fact imo that is better than 20hp peak.

On the turbos, you can either go for 74mm version leaving the TB standard or the larger 82mm/ GT3 TB. However the latter one does require quite significant tuning for low speed/partial throttle where as the 74mm version is plug and play - it adapts almost immediately.

The gen.2 turbo version is actually amazing - around 30hp. Gen 1 is a little less, but and here is the key thing, the more power you have, the more it makes because as you go up in the power range without it, it becomes a bigger restriction.

Anyway, we defintely recommend it and most of our 9e packages come with it.

Ken

996ttalot said:

FYI on n/a cars you gain only around 8-9hp/tq nm instead of the quoted 20hp, but you gain it across the entire curve, so in fact imo that is better than 20hp peak.

Ken

Ken was this the 82mm plenum plus gt3/82mm throttle body on the NA or just the 74mm version?

Thanks

Chris

krispe said:
996ttalot said:

Ken

Ken was this the 82mm plenum plus gt3/82mm throttle body on the NA or just the 74mm version?

Thanks

Chris

Here is the test

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=717040&sid=026d3820254ad3d71cc18f4b017baab3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back