Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speakers problem

Civvy

I've put up with rubbish speakers for over two years and today thought I'd cough up and buy some. I got JL 4" for the dash and JL 5" for the doors =£190.

I'm as far as doing the passenger side when I realised... The new speakers sound as bad as before!

The door speaker is farting away to itself even at low volume, so I've unplugged it. The dash one on its own is fine and much better. So I've quit for now to ask here for your kind advise please?

Amplifier?

Many thanks

Probably not the door speaker that's breaking wind but something on the door card. Identify what it is and stop it vibrating.

Get your speakers running fine before any upgrade. :thumb:

Those were my first thoughts. Unfortunately there's nothing rattling and it does it even if I hold it.

Something wrong with the speaker then or you've got loudness button on and bass cranked up ta nuts.

I have got the bass full and loudness on and all other speakers except the door speakers are fine with that.

I'd be trying the farty speaker with my hifi.

It seems there's no treble coming from the door speakers; is there some sort of filter? I'm thinking I might try extendend the wires from the dash speaker to the door speaker to see how it sounds...

Sounds like you have the upgrade package with the doors as subs. Do a search on here for door subs.

Worth while doing some research on here through old threads. Not a mod I've done but seem to remember the porsche amp requires quite an odd and specific resistance to function properly. Think the best solution is to change the amp as well. This is more complex on a 2003+ car due to the fibre connection (most). Use the search feature as over the years this has been discussed a lot.

I have the hifi option fitted to my car (with amplifier, not Bose). I replaced the front dashboard speakers with 4" JL Audio, it made a big improvement to the sound quality.

I haven't touched the front door speakers yet (they are 2 Ohm rated).

I did add the Bose subwoofer and disconnect the rear speakers making the system much better than before. I now have bass.

Regarding your front door speakers, it would be worth checking that the cone is not making any contact to the plastic housing.. Also, holding a speaker in your hand and powering it will always sound rubbish... They generally need a little bit of back pressure and isolation between the front and back sound waves..

I hope you get it sorted, for me a good sound system definitely improves the driving experience....

I got to look at it again today. I tried jump wiring it to the dash speaker and it sounds just like the dash speaker. Therefore there must be a problem with said amp.
How can I find it? And will it be fibre optic or not?

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back